DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

@CyberNate looks like you and @lolo780 may be loosing signal at the exact same time...So it may be more of a "Flying Away from Home Time Limit" then a "Distance Limit"...

If this is the case there's an interesting setting in Assistant...
Chazz that may very well be the case. When I was flying P2's I would loss signal and at 17.5 minutes into the flight the drone would drop to RTH speed 17mph. Did not matter If I was no my way back.

Reactions: chazz
I could be way off but I have to question this… I only have two sources to go off of.
One is your video which if you pause it at 1:22 you’ll see the video is around 9 seconds ahead of your flight time in the app. If you then pause at 21:25 it’s where you lose signal. So 21:25 minus 9 seconds is 21:16 or 1276 seconds where the signal loss happens…

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

The second is @lolo78 ‘s chart showing when it happened to him. Going by what I see of the known times in his chart it looks exactly half way between 1260 (the chart runs in 140 sec increments) and 1290 seconds (furthest distance) which is 1275 seconds...That could just as easily be 1276...

Weird coincidence, no?View attachment 30416

I can understand why you think it's time based on the data you have, but the issue is reproduced if you turn around and try a second time to surpass limit. Again signal is lost and it comes home. I think Keith tried 3 times, even tried going backwards.

Chazz that may very well be the case. When I was flying P2's I would loss signal and at 17.5 minutes into the flight the drone would drop to RTH speed 17mph. Did not matter If I was no my way back.

Thank you Phxbird57! That’s an awesome detail!

I can understand why you think it's time based on the data you have, but the issue is reproduced if you turn around and try a second time to surpass limit. Again signal is lost and it comes home. I think Keith tried 3 times, even tried going backwards.

Cuzz i'm nutz and I get hooked on stuff and like to try things. No biggie, when the weather cooperates I'll be testing.

Hey Cyber I know my chit with the time sounds nutz based on the things we already know but before I searched your video for a flight time I had the 1275 seconds in my head based on some crazy theory I was thinking about. When I found a way to find the flight time in your video and it actually disconnected one second after that time (1276 sec) got me freaked out. Then I looked at lolo’s graph at 1289.99 max distance (turnaround) time and I know he has his failsafe delayed by 10 seconds after signal loss plus it takes about 4 seconds after rc signal is lost until video signal is lost to start the failsafe which takes Lolo’s time to 1276 too. I know it’s confusing and it’s a stretch but hey what does it hurt to test a theory. I just wish the weather around here would cooperate. Sucks living in the northeast this time of year…

added:

I even think the limit may be calculated where it’s going to be (GPS coordinates) before you get there based on time and speed. So if you stop at say 1270 seconds into a flight at a distance and hang out there for 10 seconds (1280sec) and then go towards it again it may still hit the limit at the same spot at 1286 seconds because of this time speed calculation. That may not make sense and yeah it’s all crazy speculation…

Last edited:
Reactions: MacIak

I don’t believe you’re going to have good results with that 9M cable. It looks pretty thin and you’re most likely going to have a lot of signal loss even amplified. IMHO go with rg8x/lmr240 or better cables.

@JakeMaxxUAV

Stock antenna, battery mod, edged out my old distance with 33,133ft (6.2miles) out today with a brand new 5200mah Multistar LiHV pack on top. Way too much wind (~15mph) to do any better. Got out very far very fast with lots of battery left, and I needed every bit of it on the windy way back. Next time I'll fly more to the right to straighten it up, & on a less windy day... I didn't want to fly over the Mississippi River that far out and encounter a problem.
View attachment 23545
Noob - here - How did yo get past the 1500ft hight limit?? What is the secret to turning that off??

Updated! Also, wanted to let you guys know that I designed a battery mount. Obviously it's more weight, but very secure way to hold the batteries. I released the design for free on thingiverse, so if you have access to a 3D Printer, it's yours free! DJI Mavic Battery Mount by jjones86

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    673.2 KB · Views: 58
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChickenOverload