DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

Nice flight mlash.

Yeah I'm getting the itch to get back in the air! It's been a very long winter here. I dont know if I'll focus on the mav or the p3 but I havent charged a battery in at least 2 months [emoji41]

me too! and still a few weeks left...Id like to think i'll have time for both. I have those protek 8.5s and a couple protek 4's to test on the p3...

Reactions: dirtybum and mlash
Am I the only one that is patiently awaiting the Mavic Pro2 and ready to say goodbye to this forum and start fresh on a new/better drone platform (assuming there is actually a Mavic Pro2 coming)? When/if the Mavic Pro2 is released, will it be a sub category on this forum or will the moderators start a completely new and separate server for it? When/if the Mavic Pro2 is released, will you continue to attempt record flights here, or will you focus all your efforts on the Pro2? When/if the Mavic Pro2 is released, I would propose a thought experiment that all the leaders currently listed on this leaderboard form a council and vote to set the rules of engagement and different classes for the Pro2 official leaderboard. And specifically not put this weight and burden on a single man to try and satisfy a mob of opinionated engineers :)

Reactions: SkyNinja
I'm going to wait and see what the potential is on the MP2, and for DJI to make any revisions.

No doubt guys will be running distances with stock aircraft and that will give a pretty good idea.

I’m excited, but I’m not excited due to the fact that DJI is going to have the firmware locked down and I won’t have the ability to do all the firmware mods/tweaks that allow us to go faster, higher and farther then Mavic Pro could ever do on the stock firmware. As for the forum, I believe it’ll probably be set up as a subcategory similar to the PhantomPilots forum. Like your the idea of setting up new rules for the leaderboard for the MP2.

I am definitely waiting for the MP2 for sure. I hope to make the distance limit before it does come out. My thoughts are that if the MP2 is not worthy of a distance run I will switch to the P3A for distance.

Reactions: lolo780
I am definitely waiting for the MP2 for sure. I hope to make the distance limit before it does come out. My thoughts are that if the MP2 is not worthy of a distance run I will switch to the P3A for distance.

I don’t have any phantom experience and curious why many keep talking about the P3 for long range competition, but nobody ever mentions the P4. Why is this??

I don’t have any phantom experience and curious why many keep talking about the P3 for long range competition, but nobody ever mentions the P4. Why is this??
For me it's mainly because I already have a P3A!

The P4 shells crack in stock form, usually around the lower vents. Some reinforcing is required to carry heavy loads, but if done the P4 should be a good long range platform.
I've got a P4A on the shelf here that I may do a build on if nothing else pans out such as cracking occusync or an unrestricted MP2.

The p3 was/is easy, it's that simple.
Even though people are still doing it with the Mavic, the P3 was the beginning of drones for most people and long-distance for most people. A few of us started with the P2, but the P3 sold more units for DJI than any other.
The P3 distance era in its prime got more traction in comments, views and hours logged in on the forum than anytime since. Most of us didn't get any sleep, when we wasn't flying nonstop 10 mile flights, we was logged in talking about it.
A bit of that rolled over to the P4, but the P4, similar in ways to the Mavic, was real finicky. It couldn't carry as much weight, had the take off issues with externals, definitely shell cracks, and I mean bad enough that the motor could fall off. It also had that power issue where if you flew full throttle, you just couldn't get as far, most people used the cruise control to dial it back, so you constantly had to adjust your speed. The P3, you just rubber band full throttle and go. Let's face it the numbers don't lie the P3 record is 85,000 feet and back. You're never going to see that with any DJI model.
I think it's kind of unrealistic to think that a Mavicpro2 will come out and not have all the limitations that we're already seeing, if not more.
That being said, if you have a P4, get out there with it, it's still fun.

Edit: o.k unknown might beat 85k with his DJI matrice 600, if he hasn't already[emoji41]

The p3 was/is easy, it's that simple.
Even though people are still doing it with the Mavic, the P3 was the beginning of drones for most people and long-distance for most people. A few of us started with the P2, but the P3 sold more units for DJI than any other.
The P3 distance era in its prime got more traction in comments, views and hours logged in on the forum than anytime since. Most of us didn't get any sleep, when we wasn't flying nonstop 10 mile flights, we was logged in talking about it.
A bit of that rolled over to the P4, but the P4, similar in ways to the Mavic, was real finicky. It couldn't carry as much weight, had the take off issues with externals, definitely shell cracks, and I mean bad enough that the motor could fall off. It also had that power issue where if you flew full throttle, you just couldn't get as far, most people used the cruise control to dial it back, so you constantly had to adjust your speed. The P3, you just rubber band full throttle and go. Let's face it the numbers don't lie the P3 record is 85,000 feet and back. You're never going to see that with any DJI model.
I think it's kind of unrealistic to think that a Mavicpro2 will come out and not have all the limitations that we're already seeing, if not more.
That being said, if you have a P4, get out there with it, it's still fun.

Edit: o.k unknown might beat 85k with his DJI matrice 600, if he hasn't already[emoji41]

P3 85,000 Record without camera?

I'm pretty sure that flight was no camera, I think 74,000 was the camera flight, well supposedly

Reactions: chazz
How was it?

It wasn't a bad three days, I learned a lot about COLAS vs 107 operations and submitting Aerospace waivers with the new LAANC System using the AirMaps app. Fying BLOS was a hot topic, pretty much the FAA does not want you to do it. There was a lot of large companies like Amazon, Dupont and Airbus at the conference pushing to get there drone programs off the ground. I was there representing my fire rescue department.

Reactions: beanbubba
Testing the FCC-mod on my Mavic Pro. Reached 5446meter before battery smart RTH kicked in.
I also used a parabolic antenna reflector. Very happy with the range and signal! :)

I would take parabolic off and try, mine went further without it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569