DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Offline map download not working

No use to me either as i need a new map for a new area.
Plus part of my diagnostics was a full delete and reinstall of the app.
It's clear they've broken something in 4.1.10. Way too many people are getting issues for it to be a random device problem and its gone on way too long for a server fault. That and the walled-garden users aren't reporting any issues at all with their version of it.

I would really like to have an offline map for Texas if anyone has it.

Lets turn this around, has anyone on an android device with go 4.1.10 actually able to download a new offline map? If so was it a clean app install or an upgrade and which device?

It doesn't work on all 3 devices i own and tried it on. Nexus 5X, Nexus 7 2013 and a Mediapad M3.

I reported this over on the DJI forum along with a number of other people and they did reply with confirmation that this has been reported to the Dev team

Hmmm... I might be able to download a map for you, but they are big, like 200 to 500MB

DJI have agreed this is a bug and are working on a fix. This was posted by Thor over on the DJI forums.

So after trying to download maps since the last release tonight I was able to download offline maps ....... they must have fixed something !!!

So after trying to download maps since the last release tonight I was able to download offline maps ....... they must have fixed something !!!
What release tonight? Is there an update to 4.1.10 available which I haven'T seen yet? Still called 4.1.10 or has the version number been changed, too?

What release tonight? Is there an update to 4.1.10 available which I haven'T seen yet? Still called 4.1.10 or has the version number been changed, too?

I am still on 4.1.10

I am still at 4.1.10, too and offline maps downloading is working now again. Seems they have fixed a here-maps server-side problem.

I managed to find a download link for version 4.1.15 for android.
Once I downloaded it I was able to install offline maps.

Here is the link;
DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.1.15 (1027412) APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror
Hi,
Have you had a chance to fly with the new DJI Go 4 4.1.15 app loaded. Having any issues?
I downloaded the new apk , but I am hesitant to update the app as my Samsung Tab A was lagging badly after ver 4.1.10 and I went back to ver 4.1.4 as it seems more suited to my Tab A and I can fly it again without lagging and drop out issues.

Thanks for the update though.
Cheers.

Android version 4.1.15 now official in play store. Map download issue resolved.

New bug when downloading maps if you turn your phone (portrait to landscape) or tablet (landscape to portrait) during map download it errors.

Annoying they never admit what they fixed in each revision.

Not yet tested but I have problems with lagging in 4.1.10 and also the font on the app was huge that I kept having to close the app several times before it worked.

The download issue is now fixed ..

And I upgraded to 4.1.15

I recently decided to use my iPad Air 2 & installed Go4, and like a lot of us, couldn’t see any maps. Having read loads of threads on this subject, I was ‘messing’ about with the map window when I noticed that it had defaulted to zoomed in at a scale of about 5 metres. I pinched out, & out until eventually... Africa came into view - I was in the middle of the Atlantic! Not many roads out there!
I dragged the map to my location in the UK, zoomed in, and yey, the map detail appeared & I think it has downloaded to the cache.

Reactions: ksmusa
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121