DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Offline map download not working

Reactions
Hi
I have the latest DJI 4 go and trying to download offline map of Australia. Its stuck in please wait, I had left it whole night but nothing happen. Battery is 100% and connected to the charger. I have 90mpbs download speed. Has any one got the same proble? I have downloaded offline in separate here now maps. When I put the phone in aeroplane mode and open the DJI 4 go app, I get Google map see attached. Has anyone experienced this? I have Samsung galaxy S7 edge. 1506545612888.png

did you just recently update the GO4 app. Happened to me after an update. Delete the app from your device, reboot the device, reinstall the GO4 app.

Sorry, didn't read your post all the way thru, didn't realize you were running Android. I have an iPhone. So the apps may run differently. Did you shut down your phone after deleting the app and before reinstalling it.

Also, Phone should NOT be in airplane mode when app is open and map is downloading. Once downloaded, leave app open, turn on airplane mode and map should still be there, but only to the extent of the screen size download. there are some u-tube videos about how to do this.

Sorry, didn't read your post all the way thru, didn't realize you were running Android. I have an iPhone. So the apps may run differently. Did you shut down your phone after deleting the app and before reinstalling it.

Also, Phone should NOT be in airplane mode when app is open and map is downloading. Once downloaded, leave app open, turn on airplane mode and map should still be there, but only to the extent of the screen size download. there are some u-tube videos about how to do this.

Thank you so much for you reply. Let me clear few things.

I did restart the phone after deleting the app, Phone was not in aeroplane mode while I was trying to download the map. Download never started. I just tried aeroplane mode to see what happens thats when I got the google map instead of here. see the attachment on the first post.
I also tried to download it on my iPad with IOS 11 but there is no offline map option.

Reactions: Chris_GREECE
Hi
I have the latest DJI 4 go and trying to download offline map of Australia. Its stuck in please wait, I had left it whole night but nothing happen. Battery is 100% and connected to the charger. I have 90mpbs download speed. Has any one got the same proble? I have downloaded offline in separate here now maps. When I put the phone in aeroplane mode and open the DJI 4 go app, I get Google map see attached. Has anyone experienced this? I have Samsung galaxy S7 edge. View attachment 22339

Hi,
After recent DJI 4 Update.4.1.10
Same thing has just happened to me with a new Samsung Tab A I bought to use with my Mavic Pro Remote as a dedicated screen. Brand new , downloaded the DJI 4 App and it all worked, went into Offline maps and when I choose Australia Queensland, where I live , it says "Please Wait" but goes no further. Tablet is online and connected to my home wifi.
I have had no trouble in the past with my Samsung phone or other Tab S,. Both have downloaded the maps in the past with no issue.
Something is not right.

I can confirm same for Germany, both for my Sony Xperia XZ and Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. Seems Offline Maps are broken.

Might need to delete the entire DJI folder on the SD card manually as well. It's otherwise kept and the offline maps are in a hidden folder in there that could be corrupted.

Thank you so much for you reply. Let me clear few things.

I did restart the phone after deleting the app, Phone was not in aeroplane mode while I was trying to download the map. Download never started. I just tried aeroplane mode to see what happens thats when I got the google map instead of here. see the attachment on the first post.
I also tried to download it on my iPad with IOS 11 but there is no offline map option.

There is no specific Offline Mode on iPad.
I just opened DJI on my iPad Pro, click enter device, then click on the small map to open full screen, scroll to whatever maps you want loaded. Works fine for me on both my iPads and iPhone

Might need to delete the entire DJI folder on the SD card manually as well. It's otherwise kept and the offline maps are in a hidden folder in there that could be corrupted.
I have done this. Did uninstall GO4, delete all DJI and here folders via TotalCommander and then did a clean install of GO4 again. No success for all devices, meanwhile tried with my Google/Motorola Nexus 6, too.
It also makes no difference if the device is connected to the Mavic remote with Mavic ready for takeoff or used just in offline mode.

Ive got the bug on 3 devices - mediapad m3, nexus 7 2013 and nexus 5x. Looking onto the DJI forum the new .10 app update for android seems to have broken offline maps for a lot of people.

Out of curiosity can you try the app off dji's website, mavic, downloads

Website link
Mavic – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

Direct link
DjiAdhoc
Hi,
Can confirm that using the app off dji's website does not work either. Just downloaded it from your link and uninstalled previous app from tablet before reinstalling. When I enter the off line download page it says 'acquiring offline city list' then fails with ' network unavailable' yet my network is working fine.
Definitely app issue here.

Ive got the bug on 3 devices - mediapad m3, nexus 7 2013 and nexus 5x. Looking onto the DJI forum the new .10 app update for android seems to have broken offline maps for a lot of people.

I just purchased my Mavic Pro a few days ago and I'm also trying to use my Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1, but the download offline maps gets stuck at 1% (doesn't matter which state). This needs to be fixed in order to use a screen size I can actually see. Sad.

I just purchased my Mavic Pro a few days ago and I'm also trying to use my Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1, but the download offline maps gets stuck at 1% (doesn't matter which state). This needs to be fixed in order to use a screen size I can actually see. Sad.

Copy the map folder from your other device. The folder name is .djiHereMap

Note that since it has a period in front, it is considered a hidden folder so you will need to turn on view system files in Android to be able to see it.

Reactions: Spinmeout

Note that since it has a period in front, it is considered a hidden folder so you will need to turn on view system files in Android to be able to see it.

Hi xMAN1,
Thanks. Just so happens I had a TAB S with DJI GO App loaded and I had downloaded the offline maps onto it a while ago. Copied the .djiHereMap folder over from this Tab S to my Tab A and it all works.
Should have thought of that earlier. An easy workaround only if you happen to have the files already downloaded.
Cheers.
Tab A still has poor video feed issue though, so I probably wont be using it too often.

If I could get it to work on my other device, I would, but on my phone, when trying to get a list of maps available, it says "getting a list of cities" for a minute or so, then says "network unavailable". I need a map for Texas.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78