DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Offline Maps Issue

FASTFJR

Reactions
With my new Mini 4 with RC 2 Controller...

I have a 128GB card in both the controller and in the drone. I've switched back and forth on the controller from the card to the internal memory. Anyway while doing some offline maps yesterday I did Bermuda which was 110mb, downloaded and saved it. I went to do another area and got the message.... "The size of the downloaded maps has exceeded the server capacity, Please delete unnecessary maps and try again"

What does this mean? What "Server" are they talking about? I tried to do a number of other small areas as small as 200kb and they would not save. Even after switching to internal storage which I have 1.8 GB it still would not save.

Thanks

It's something that appears to be related to DJI's own server capacity when it comes to provide you with your chosen map sections for a download... have seen this in the GO4 app also, & the same map sections have been possible to download later on a different time of the day.

Reactions: FASTFJR
It's something that appears to be related to DJI's own server capacity when it comes to provide you with your chosen map sections for a download... have seen this in the GO4 app also, & the same map sections have been possible to download later on a different time of the day.
Thanks, I thought it was something to do with DJI and not the controller. I'll try again today or tomorrow

Just and FYI to anyone else with this issue. From DJI..... Offline Maps are NOT stored on the SD card, they are stored in the internal memory.

The still don't know what the "Server" issue is, how the person said the offline maps have a maximum size..... What that is they did not say and don't know Lol. Sometimes I think I know more about their products than their tech do LOL

Is this issue still ongoing? I've started a similar thread but I'm not sure if it's the same kinda thing.

Irritates the daylights out of me! I can have offline maps of my entire CONTINENT on a Garmin, but only a postage-stamp sized stored on my DJI controller.

Regarding the "The size of the downloaded maps has exceeded the server capacity, Please delete unnecessary maps and try again" error - some have noticed it occurs when the cached map directory on the controller reaches close to 1Gb.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne