DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Offline Maps... how do you select ?

I have a iPad and a iPhone SE
Both don’t show the option
I'll do my best to help you. Im no expert. Could others please help if I'm wrong.

I fly with my iPad mini 4 when I'm overseas with no cell ( No sim) installed.

I have not been os with my Crystalsky yet.

I'm hoping your iPad is a cellur one and only couple of years old.

Older apple products don't preform well with the latest Mavic firmware.

I'm not sure your iPhone SE will be able able to cut it.

2 ways to do it.

When you are out in the field with no cell the built in GPS in your Apple devise loads the maps.
Just start the Mavic & controller. Hook up the Apple. Start GO4 and the maps with slowly load via GPS. this may take a few minutes.

Option 2.

Before you go to your location and you and you have wifi

Do the same as above ( You don't have to start the drone)

In the go4 app ( Camera View) open the maps and pinch out on the maps screen to find the locations you wish to fly. This will load the maps in the cache in the device you are using.
This will store it for you. When you go to fly the maps will be there.

Get on Youtube search for setting up your Mavic. There will be heaps of info.

Cheers

Marty

Thanks Marty

I loaded goggle maps on my phone and outlined where I will be at when offline . It is up at one of my family’s cabins .
Goggle shows that the spot I picked will be saved for 30 days .
As soon as all this retarted wind quits I will head out there and see if any map will load in my phone .
I am thinking my iPad is to old but does great just as a display when not using my DJI goggles .
Thankyou for your time explaining this to me .

Hi Mate,

It’s not the google maps app on your phone or iPad

The maps are in the DJI Go4 App

Just give it a test when you have hooked up your Mavic before you go.

Happy Flying

I will need some help doing in the go4app because it’s not showing like it is for others .
Maybe it’s because my phone and iPad are too old

I don’t have a problem using the app or any feature with the drone other than using offline maps . When I am in a dead zone . As in no cell service I don’t have a map . I want off line maps . With other people they have a spot to touch to activate offline maps . It should be in the list with geo zones and flight records .
ce576dded6821fe49ccc723f3c3526cc.jpg

Daughter gave me her old Galaxy S8 to try .
Put DJI Go4 in it and bang there is offline maps .

Reactions: Forestjim
Daughter gave me her old Galaxy S8 to try .
Put DJI Go4 in it and bang there is offline maps .
Sweet.... You know you can get the same results on your apple products by doing the method I told you above couple of posts ago. Coming from Australia, This is how I flew in Hawaii this year without cell data just wifi or GPS

There is an error in an earlier post. GPS is not used to load maps. Map loading is done either via cel connection or WIFI. Those are the only 2 ways to get map data. What map data to get is determined by GPS either in the iPhone or drone if connected. This location data is sent to the mapping app which sends the requested map data to the display device.

I downloaded several maps of Norway and now it says delete some to add more.

I can't find any way in DJI GO4 to delete downloaded maps or USE the SD card for more ??

I had the same issue. I got to around 12 maps and got the message I had to delete some. I don’t have it in front of me but you can delete maps individually on the list page. However, deleting some did no good. I still got the message no matter how many I deleted.

It still showed 50GB or so available at the bottom of the screen so I wasn’t full of physical space.

I had to reset my CS and start over. Don’t know any other way.

I read somewhere that you can avoid this by turning off autocomplete in your language and keyboard settings, but it didn't work for me on the CS. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Would be curious to see if anyone else has any luck with this. In the mean time, I've been using the file explorer to create a folder and naming it with the text I want and then copying and pasting that text to rename the region. PITA.

I know this is an offline maps thread so I will ask here. I have the CS 5.5 and am able to save the maps. I think is is strange to only able to get a narrow band as the picture attached shows. Would like to be able to make it a square area. I am thinking this is due to the resolution of the CS.

With the phone app it seems to be more square.
2967050b28139e41078ad77155479a08.jpg

I know this is an offline maps thread so I will ask here. I have the CS 5.5 and am able to save the maps. I think is is strange to only able to get a narrow band as the picture attached shows. Would like to be able to make it a square area. I am thinking this is due to the resolution of the CS.

With the phone app it seems to be more square.

Are you able to load or populate these maps in the field? I cannot figure it out. I download the regions, they show as downloaded in the DJI options menu, but when I disable the WLAN on the CS 5.5 mapbox is black. What am I missing?

Are you able to load or populate these maps in the field? I cannot figure it out. I download the regions, they show as downloaded in the DJI options menu, but when I disable the WLAN on the CS 5.5 mapbox is black. What am I missing?
Mine worked fine. I was in an area yesterday that I had downloaded and maps showed just fine. I did not turn off WLAN but know I didn't have cell or wifi there.

When I select Region 1 and rename it to something more memorable when I use the CS keyboard, when I press a character I get two or three characters at the same time, any idea's on solving this?

Couldn't understand why this was happening so went rooting.
Don't know if you've sorted this but if not, go to Settings, - language input - Android keyboard - Text selection and switch OFF Auto correction and "Show correction suggestions" to Always hide. "Other options", deselect "next word suggestions" This worked for me but not quite sure which of the above options it was, so just do them all !!

Reactions: j.r.r.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000