DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Offline maps? We're they removed?

saboken

Reactions
I just got a Mavic Pro Platinum :) and a 2017 IPad to control it, after looking at some videos on YouTube that shows a offline map feature it's not in the current Dji go app I just downloaded? It's not in the ios or Android version? Did dji remove this feature? This is just the beginning of issues I have found so I will start with this one, or did they hide it? I wanted to get the offline maps because I have a WiFi only iPad and don't want to burn up data using my Hotspot unless I have to!

I think your thinking of a Android feature. In the IOS version simply get an internet connection, open the Go4 app to the fly page, tap on the map to make it full screen and browse around the area you want and the maps will be saved. Pretty simple really

I think your thinking of a Android feature. In the IOS version simply get an internet connection, open the Go4 app to the fly page, tap on the map to make it full screen and browse around the area you want and the maps will be saved. Pretty simple really
I have both iOS and android I’m not finding It in the menu drop down as I saw in some videos

DJI removed the 'here' maps association in .18, however I believe it is now back, with google maps in .22.... dunno about fruit..

Reactions: Dragonfly
Simmo is correct. DJI did remove the HERE maps with update Go4 V18 as too many people were having trouble caching the maps from the server.
However you were able to sideload Go4 V15 cache the maps for your country / state etc then update to V.18 and still have the maps available.
Good news is now Go4V.22 has just been released and in the settings on controll page you can toggle a switch that allows the use of Google maps which are loaded via wifi or data from Internet at your present location. You can zoom in and move around to cache the area but you cannot pre download a whole country or state prior. If you have previously cached the HERE maps you can switch from one to the other via the toggle in seand restarting Go4.

I have both iOS and android I’m not finding It in the menu drop down as I saw in some videos
The "Offline Map" feature is not available in the iOS version of DJI GO. You must cache the maps like this on Apple devices.

Reactions: saboken
When they used google maps before, go4 could access downloaded maps for larger areas you had saved before when viewing the area directly in google maps.
In the google map app try saying "OK maps" it should offer to save a decent sized area.
It is stored for about 30 days.

It is rather funny people are wanting Here maps back as there was a lot of fuss when they discontinued google maps earleir this year.
Google maps are more detailed, but I do quite like having acceptable (Here) maps always there with no need to go online.
With google it was hit and miss if you could retrieve the area from cache, and most places here don't have mobile data - or any mobile coverage at all for that matter.

Reactions: saboken
I was just wondering because besides the cost of data today I plan on going to places I will have no coverage with any device I own, I have access to Sprint with my main phone and T-Mobile with a hotspot I also have a Google Fi phone that’s supposed to connect to the best provider available (Verizon,T-Mobile,Sprint and US Cellular) and that phone has had no service in areas I want to take the drone! Having a map preloaded for these situations would really be nice! Hope they (Dji) realizes there’s still places in the USA with no cell service especially in Alaska.

I've bought a new Android phone to be my dedicated screen for the Mavic. From what I understand, all I have to do is view the maps when I have a wifi connection and it will automatically save. I connected the phone to the Mavic while in aeroplane mode but the maps wouldn't show?

I get this,

IMG_2021.JPG

Does the Mavic need to be in GPS mode? This was a quick test indoors so I was in opti/atti.

Also, do I need to enable/disable 'Enable Amap for China'

'Calibrate maps for main land China'

Thanks

From what I understand, all I have to do is view the maps when I have a wifi connection and it will automatically save. I connected the phone to the Mavic while in aeroplane mode but the maps wouldn't show?
You can cache the maps in DJI GO like this.

Does the Mavic need to be in GPS mode?
No.

Also, do I need to enable/disable 'Enable Amap for China'

'Calibrate maps for main land China'
Disable those settings if you're not in China.

You can cache the maps in DJI GO like this.

No.

Disable those settings if you're not in China.

Thanks for the reply. I did view the maps before connecting to the Mavic.

Now that the phone is not connected, when I open the app, I can see the map! Still in aeroplane mode.

I use my galaxy s7 with no sim or WiFi and open Here WeGo app and DJI go 4. I was able to use the map with no issues. I’m using .22 version of DJI go 4. In the Here WeGo I run it as offline and download the map.

I use my galaxy s7 with no sim or WiFi and open Here WeGo app and DJI go 4. I was able to use the map with no issues. I’m using .22 version of DJI go 4. In the Here WeGo I run it as offline and download the map.

Were you having problems viewing maps offline before using the Here WeGo app?

Were you having problems viewing maps offline before using the Here WeGo app?

I can’t say since I was using my iPhone 7+. I just wanted a dedicated screen so my galaxy s7 was laying around and collecting dust

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002