DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Oh, the things we see...

jpbluzharp

Reactions
Had two all day shoots on a modular construction site.. Love working with construction guys because if you're good at what you do.. that's good enough for them. They're not gawking at the camera which allows you to get really great action shots.. Crane op was a stone cold pro.. Had time to take a quick peek at the top of the crane into NYC.. Seeing all that brown pollution made me think of all the CO2 we don't see... Grabbed the unedited shot and put some graphics and music over it. We've got to think about what we're doing to our environment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ping^Spike and Oglo
Keep it in perspective. Many times those atmospheric conditions are naturally caused by earth's own gasses and particles in the air. Compare us to other countries. We've actually done something about it. You may be too young to remember Los Angeles and Houston in the 80s when there were days you could not see. Today it is much better. We've come a long way. Other countries don't have teeth in their regulations and continue to pollute. China and Mexico come to mind. Their bad days are really bad.

Keep it in perspective. Many times those atmospheric conditions are naturally caused by earth's own gasses and particles in the air. Compare us to other countries. We've actually done something about it. You may be too young to remember Los Angeles and Houston in the 80s when there were days you could not see. Today it is much better. We've come a long way. Other countries don't have teeth in their regulations and continue to pollute. China and Mexico come to mind. Their bad days are really bad.
As a sixty four year old world traveler who reads... I’m well acquainted with the horrid air of Japan, China, Spain, LA, etc.etc... My work with scientists over the years has led to a profound sense of respect and trust in their astute research on human generated CO2 and Methane emissions as well as their profound effect on the earths climate.

Given the choice between listening to coal miners’ opinions on climate change or the NASA scientists who successfully thread satellites through the orbits of distant planets’ moons... I’ll pick the scientists. The men who choose to spend their lives in holes under ground at great risk to their own lungs don’t have much credibility as to their opinions on our whole planet’s health.

How Do We Know that Humans Are the Major Cause of Global Warming?

Last edited:
Reactions: MrsTreat
As a sixty four year old world traveler who reads... I’m well acquainted with the horrid air of Japan, China, Spain, LA, etc.etc... My work with scientists over the years has led to a profound sense of respect and trust in their astute research on human impact on CO2 and Methane emissions as well as their profound effect on the earths climate.

Given the choice between listening to coal miners’ opinions on climate change or the NASA scientists who successfully thread satellites through the orbits of distant planets’ moons... I’ll pick the scientists. The men who chose to spend their lives in holes under ground at great risk to their own lungs don’t have much credibility as to their opinions on our whole planet’s health.

How Do We Know that Humans Are the Major Cause of Global Warming?

Well stated. My point was to illustrate that we in this country do more for the objective and make a huge impact yet are but a small portion of the population on the planet. IF ONLY the rest of the world would practice what they talk about in their own lands it would make a "world of difference." We should take credit for practicing what we preach to a great degree, much more than the rest. We should be directing our disgust at those who do practically nothing to help. Even if we were perfect it would make so little difference considering the rest of the world's lack of serious participation. We are ahead!!!

Well stated. My point was to illustrate that we in this country do more for the objective and make a huge impact yet are but a small portion of the population on the planet. IF ONLY the rest of the world would practice what they talk about in their own lands it would make a "world of difference." We should take credit for practicing what we preach to a great degree, much more than the rest. We should be directing our disgust at those who do practically nothing to help. Even if we were perfect it would make so little difference considering the rest of the world's lack of serious participation. We are ahead!!!
China is doing a great deal of investing in wind and solar power.. they’re way ahead of us. They may be realizing just how toxic their air has been for so long.

Climate Change Indicators: U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions | US EPA

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato