DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ok it happened again!

10 is not enough. That’s basically the lowest you should ever fly with. If it drops to 8 because it’s blocked by your house the mavic will relocated itself as the precession dramatically dropped.

You don’t even have to too close to the house to loose the signal from the gps satellites. Lots of info four there on how Gps works
I really was guessing on the number but I’ll keep this in mind next time I fly!

If the house was 12 feet behind you was there sunlight in front of you. Sunlight can confuse the sensors and make it appear as a solid surface.

Everything you are saying in all your posts keeps leading back to the .500 firmware being the most likely fix for you.

And also knowing how those sensors work and how they can fail you.
Nope sun was blocked by the house. The deck is in the shade during the evening hours!
The other thing is the sensors aren’t on top and that’s how it’s hit the house both times! It comes down to about 10 or so feet and hovers about where the “home spot” is and then turns almost vertical and flys into the house.

alrighty then.... I tried to download the FE.0500
The issue is this.... I’ve got the assistant 2 but when I hook up to the computer I get a beep but nothing happens in the assisant. I’m logged in and all but I get nothing. Am I doing something wrong? Does the RC have to be linked in also? Somebody out there knows what I’m doing wrong.... is there a special cable that I have to use? The one that came with it doesn’t go in so I tried the cable from my new tablet it wouldn’t work either I happen to find one to go in and I’m thinking that’s the problem...

The black cable that comes with it has to fi its type c to usb the usb is on the inside should be blue this means its usb 3 use that cable some times I found that you have to un plug it then plug it in again I also found at times it takes 3 to 5 seconds to connect

I do all my updates thru DJI Go4. When you launch the app it checks for firmware updates. Before I go flying, I always boot everything up at home while I have wifi. Simple.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
I do all my updates thru DJI Go4. When you launch the app it checks for firmware updates. Before I go flying, I always boot everything up at home while I have wifi. Simple.

This is the easiest way. You typically only have to use assistant if your having problems with the update process itself. Or want to downgrade.

I’ll try tomorrow to do it through the DJI Go4 then! It appears I’m missing an adapter to go from the cable that came with the Air to the bird itself...
Thanks for the help!

Well I did the update. Completed both the MA and the RC. I flew just a bit! It seems like it’s more responsive. I didn’t see any drift at all. The other thing is when I took off it went about 10 feet up and hovered, seems like it did that before. Landing was all manual. Which is what I think I’m going to do every time now. But I didn’t try the RTH.
I even was able to use the tablet for the first time! And I had 14 satellites. Flying from the same spot.
And I am going to purchase a usb c adapter.
Thanks for all the help! Hopefully I’ll be able to pay it forward someday!

Reactions: Ynksfan27
just want to add...after updating everything, app, RC and Mavic air, I tried the range on the mavic air over a straight-line course and found it considerably shorter than it had been before, and when I returned home, under my control, when I commanded the landing the drone drifted sideways into my house? zero wind and in a spot where I always land my spark under way less than ideal wind conditions. I don't have that much experience with the Air but it has always behaved perfectly in the same landing spot. I fly my spark in the house all the time and this drift really took me by surprise. and I have to say I'm a little spooked.
One more thing. The camera control was really slow. I flew my spark several times immediately after and it behaved perfectly and the camera control was instant.

Did you calibrate the IMU after the update?

The patch notes of the update say that the camera settings will be reset after the update and possibly some other settings, I would check to see if your gimble speed settings have been reset.

That’s a correct assumption! Generally when I take off it’s been off of my back deck which is a 16’x32’. I fly straight up for about 20’ then away. Total height was approximately 60’ or so that last time.
So next time I’ll try 30’ or thereabouts and hover a few. We’ll see what happens I guess!

Don't follow this procedure. Never invoke return to home when Close to your house particularly on a "back deck". You must be in an open area.

The fault in FW .400 is fixed in .500 and describes exactly your issue.

You press RTH, and as it descends it gets obstacle warnings at front and back as it descends to your deck. The FW fault in .400 cause the forward warning to override the rear warning so it drifts back and crashes.

Cheers

Well if it did mine must’ve grown legs and ran away... thanks to amazon I have a couple on the way!

The provided cable from DJI is USB A to USB C with a small USB C to micro USB adaptor on the end to connect to the Remote Control for charging. So, if you have the provided cable for charging the RC, then you have a cable to connect the Mavic Air to your computer. Removing that micro USB adapter will reveal the USB C connector to attach to your Mavic Air. IMG_0603.JPG

The Air's AC charger doesn't have a charger cable for the remote built in?
The M2 has the same USB A-C with the C to Micro adapter. I thought you had to use that to charge the remote. I thought that was dumb until I found the remote charge cable attached to the charger.

The Air's AC charger doesn't have a charger cable for the remote built in?

No, it does not. The AC charger for the Mavic Air has a cable with a battery charge connector (which will also attach to the battery charging hub to charge up to 4 batteries) and two USB ports. Typically you would use one USB port to charge the remote (with the DJI supplied cable) and the other port to charge your smart phone or tablet (with whatever USB cable they provided with your device).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks