DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Okay, I'm Struggling Help!!!

Lon Denard

Reactions
I'm just not built for editing! It's requires WAY too much patience. Tips appreciated!

Get a good editing program. There will be a learning curve but otherwise you have long drawn out boring videos no one has the patience to watch.

Do you know how many cherries I pop on this forum? I've been so many people's first posts it's kinda flattering. Thanks for the advice. I use Premiere Pro and Power Director, so I guess a better program will completely change my video without any outside instruction? Cool. Could you name that program please?

My apologies Lon. I certainly did not mean to imply that you were without capability or editing tools. You did not mention any editing formats in your post so I responded accordingly.
But it appears that you are well supplied with the tools to edit with much expertise. Best wishes with your future endeavors.

My advice, and feedback on your video, fwiw;

Watch a lot of drone videos. See what works and what doesn't. Try to replicate the good stuff. Fail. Repeat.

Your video has some good footage, but there is no story. It looks like the story is the covered bridge, but then there is other random stuff and then it concludes with a couple shots going through the bridge.. As far as edits; we shouldn't see the setup for the shot, just the shot. Each shot should be les than 10 seconds - people don't have long attention spans. Try starting with going through the bridge, then an outside shot going up, then an overhead.

DaVinci Resolve 15 (free version) is arguably the best video editor / grading solution there is - better than a good few paid solutions. Learn to edit and grade in that and you'll never look back...

My apologies Lon. I certainly did not mean to imply that you were without capability or editing tools. You did not mention any editing formats in your post so I responded accordingly.
But it appears that you are well supplied with the tools to edit with much expertise. Best wishes with your future endeavors.

Thanks.

My advice, and feedback on your video, fwiw;

Watch a lot of drone videos. See what works and what doesn't. Try to replicate the good stuff. Fail. Repeat.

Your video has some good footage, but there is no story. It looks like the story is the covered bridge, but then there is other random stuff and then it concludes with a couple shots going through the bridge.. As far as edits; we shouldn't see the setup for the shot, just the shot. Each shot should be les than 10 seconds - people don't have long attention spans. Try starting with going through the bridge, then an outside shot going up, then an overhead.

I agree that it was just s bunch of clips. I'm not very artsy, which is probably why I'm a mechanical engineer. My main concern is color grading...there's an art to it. Adhering to a story is something that I can do since it is a structured practice. Color grading however.

Anyway, thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

DaVinci Resolve 15 (free version) is arguably the best video editor / grading solution there is - better than a good few paid solutions. Learn to edit and grade in that and you'll never look back...

What I need is a solution that is as intuitive as Power Director but has most of the options of Premiere Pro. I hate Premiere Pro... I sprung for the entire Adobe suite and I haven't used it. Power director is just so easy to use.

What I need is a solution that is as intuitive as Power Director but has most of the options of Premiere Pro. I hate Premiere Pro... I sprung for the entire Adobe suite and I haven't used it. Power director is just so easy to use.

Lots of learning curve for these editing suites.

If you’re a Mac user, FCPX is very good and relatively easy to use. Also supports LUTs and has tons of YouTube how to.

If you’re a PC guy, go take a look at Pinnacle Studio.

Lots of learning curve for these editing suites.

If you’re a Mac user, FCPX is very good and relatively easy to use. Also supports LUTs and has tons of YouTube how to.

If you’re a PC guy, go take a look at Pinnacle Studio.

Thanks. I used a really bad example as well and I wasnt super clear about my struggles. I'm mainly struggling with color grading. I've considered buying Polar Pro's Elektra package because no problem can't be solved by throwing money at it, right? Hahaha! Any experience with their luts?

Thanks. I used a really bad example as well and I wasnt super clear about my struggles. I'm mainly struggling with color grading. I've considered buying Polar Pro's Elektra package because no problem can't be solved by throwing money at it, right? Hahaha! Any experience with their luts?

I don’t use their LUTs.
I use neat video for noise reduction processes and I use Ground Control LUTs with Adobe Premier pro.

I do most of my stuff in Adobe but also have a fair amount or work in FCPX.

I don’t use their LUTs.
I use neat video for noise reduction processes and I use Ground Control LUTs with Adobe Premier pro.

I do most of my stuff in Adobe but also have a fair amount or work in FCPX.

Oh well, thanks!

I should probably restart this thread but...

Here's a test I'm doing of ND filters and aperture. I'm curious as to what you think of the color, not the subject matter. I'm hovering! Hahaha!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S