DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Okay What was it??

Mike_Jaxson

Reactions
Never got around to posting this from Feb of 2017. There was no one in the field beyond the trees. I slowed the video down by a half then a 1/4.

A UFO, probably a large insect or a small bird. How fast was the wind blowing that day and in what direction?

A bullet, or arrow maybe? I have seen anomilies like that in digital video before. Some claim it is something to do with pixels on the sensor. If it was a bug, it is the fastest bug ever.

A bullet, or arrow maybe? I have seen anomilies like that in digital video before. Some claim it is something to do with pixels on the sensor. If it was a bug, it is the fastest bug ever.
Yeah it looked like it picked up speed. I thinking golf ball except, I couldn't spot anyone, and it cut through braches like they weren't there. I may have been flying two minutes before it happened, so I don't anyone was aiming at the Mavic.

Reactions: BrAinZ

My guess is an arrow. Shot from someone in the tree line trying to hit your drone!
Only up for 2 minutes at that point. And there were only two other Mavics in my town that I knew of in Feb of 2017. One guy lived on my street, the other across town, no one could have been that pissed (yet).

How big do you think these two instances of the flying UFO are? The size of an apple or smaller? It looks slightly like a kind of a bullet tracer in both instances.

However anything unidentified and flying doesn't need to be huge, you may have caught a glimpse of some form of flying nanotechnology. Its a shame you weren't shooting at the highest frame rate you can go, you could slow it down a great deal in editing later.

The more of these blips captured on film the better so we can try and figure out what it is...

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest