DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Old Go4 here! Offline maps... Gone!

hainerob

Reactions
Hi Guys,

I recently fired up my mavic pro, and found that my offline here maps are gone, and have been replaced by blank Google maps. I'm running a galaxy note 4 (I think), which is dedicated for use with my mavic, and doesn't have internet connectivity.

I don't have it with me at the moment, but the app/firmware I am running is the one they first introduced the panorama mode.

I do a lot of flying in outback Australia so I made the decision very early to keep my mavic offline for reliability reasons. The note is always on airplane mode, no sim.

I'm flying with the Radar now, but it would be useful to get the maps back.... Any ideas?

Same here. Have been out of the scene a while, buncha other stuff needed attention. Been flyin on radar too but hard when overland doin long range.
Still on airgapped go4.1.3 modded and bird on classic .0400

Not sure if the DJI go app works this way but I know offline Google maps expire after a certain amount of time. Did you try connecting to WiFi and redownloading the maps.

Expiry did cross my mind actually, the one year anniversary of my purchase did just pass, so theres a good chance this could be the problem. What about you Maclak.... do you know when you downloaded those maps roughly?

Expiry did cross my mind actually, the one year anniversary of my purchase did just pass, so theres a good chance this could be the problem. What about you Maclak.... do you know when you downloaded those maps roughly?
Not sure but absolutely way less than 1 year.
The HERE maps are the expired ones. DJI got rid of that, obviously by some pre programmed expiry date. That's why also my airgapped Moverio lost it. Google maps do not work with old go4 (4.1.3). Have no solution, maybe just upgrade and loose all advantages of freedom.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54