DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Old guy enjoying the Technology of today.

In case anyone maybe interested, there is a group on Facebook called old farts and drones. It can be fun. And at least they are talk about fairly intelligent subjects. Unlike some drone groups on FB that sound very ignorant about the laws they are breaking on a daily basis.

Reactions: wjkrysak
In case anyone maybe interested, there is a group on Facebook called old farts and drones. It can be fun. And at least they are talk about fairly intelligent subjects. Unlike some drone groups on FB that sound very ignorant about the laws they are breaking on a daily basis.
Unfortunately dropped facebook a couple of years ago. It had become the place of psycho politics and where folks let their character defects shine. Just the thought of it gives me the flux.

Enjoying the Mavipilots site. I’m slow in grasping capabilities of drone flight but enjoying the process. Not there yet but looking forward to trying Grid Mission Design and Litchi Waypoint flying. Growing up a sting kite was our flying machine. Thank you all for a great site.
Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately dropped facebook a couple of years ago. It had become the place of psycho politics and where folks let their character defects shine. Just the thought of it gives me the flux.
Oh my, I can not agree more. But......
I get to see the latest pictures of the Grandkids growing up to become professional football/soccer players just keeps bringing me back. :)
Seriously though, Facebook is very much like so many forums. I find if I try hard enough, I can find what I need in the way of information, cutting through the fat of garbage as I go.

Howdy from a bit east of you in the Houston TX area. I also grew up with string kites, then Estes rockets . The drone technology is amazing and can be very practical. There is an HEB less than a mile from me. On Saturdays i will take off and see how crowded the parking lot is before heading over that way.

Reactions: MA2 317
Oh my, I can not agree more. But......
I get to see the latest pictures of the Grandkids growing up to become professional football/soccer players just keeps bringing me back. :)
Seriously though, Facebook is very much like so many forums. I find if I try hard enough, I can find what I need in the way of information, cutting through the fat of garbage as I go.
I get that and I wouldn't advocate anyone quit facebook. I found it just depressed me. It didn't take long at all and the family shifted to text and email for things to share with me. I also agree with you that many folks can be equally as obnoxious on forums but having a vested interest in the subject helps me ignore a lot. I have a great grandson now, Orian. We call him "O". Looked just like Mr. Magoo when first born. Got a phone full of "O" and love it.

Reactions: SeaPig
I love drones. As a child I tried a "by wire" airplane once. Crashed it constantly. Glued it together as many times as I could before it was just rubble. Looked at the cost of the thing and decided flying was not for me beyond a kite. Now sixty years later I can fly around and not crash into things. Happy camper!!!

Enjoying the Mavipilots site. I’m slow in grasping capabilities of drone flight but enjoying the process. Not there yet but looking forward to trying Grid Mission Design and Litchi Waypoint flying. Growing up a sting kite was our flying machine. Thank you all for a great site.
Yep, same here old guy👍

Reactions: kalimah
I too am an old guy and I guess identifying as a 12 year old since they seem to get all the tech. I am learning a lot reading all the post on the forum since I am squeaky new, but thanks to all of you contributors, I am learning!

Reactions: SeaPig and kalimah
Welcome, Cer364 to the Mavicpilots forum, nice to have met you. I to was very excited about the Grid design in Litchi. Looking forward in getting 2D and 3D Imaging. I have spent much of my time looking for stitching software and good days. It’s rainy season up here in Malaysia.

Reactions: old man mavic
Welcome to the forum from Len in South Wales U.K. hope reading here helps , enjoy cheers Len

Welcome cer364 - You are all young whippersnippers, I will be 81 shortly, flew my Mav Pro 1 a couple of hours ago, my excuse - "Had to cycle the batteries".
Have been flying drones more than 4 years. Flew Large scale RC before that.
Still enjoying the challenges. still learning new tricks! Good way to stay younger!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! I am new member also. We shall learn together.

Reactions: SeaPig and MA2 317
Welcome to the geriatric section of the forum! There's a lot of us old farts hobbling around here.
I'm in my mid-70's ... I don't consider myself old. LOL
All my drones, however, are getting old. I started with the original Mavic; ordered it the day DJI started selling it online. I was having so much fun I studied and took the Part 107 test a year later. I have 4 but the only one that is current in terms of DJI technology is the Mini 3 Pro.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22