DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Old man fun

I recieved a MM for Christmas from the wife. Best gift ever. Hard to believe that at my age 65 I can have as much fun as I have had with my quad.. Your forum has been very valuable with learning the dos and don'ts of flying. Thanks, Ed.
thats what we are here for ,and yes drone flying is great fun ,and a nice way to get some fresh air and see the world from a different viewpoint

I recieved a MM for Christmas from the wife. Best gift ever. Hard to believe that at my age 65 I can have as much fun as I have had with my quad.. Your forum has been very valuable with learning the dos and don'ts of flying. Thanks, Ed.
Lots of us old men enjoy this hobby!

65 blimey your just a youngster, just think about us olduns

Can you believe it's legal to have this much fun?

Agree! At 85 yrs of age it has been excellent mental exercise learning all the techniques for manual flying. I rarely use the auto controls.

I'm 65 and received my MA2 for Christmas as well. Most fun I ever had with any piece of technology for sure. A real rush flying it. It's great isn't it!!

Reactions: Peterson
It sure is mentally invigorating at any age. And if we look at this objectively what we DJI customers have purchased are flying cameras. So not only do we have the joy of learning to fly, we get to learn to shoot (or shoot from a different perspective) and work on, or even learn new editing skills. It's the trifecta of neuroplasticity and fun :).

my wife just says every time, get on and get it, it's only money, enjoying life is more importantThumbswayup:D 80 in a couple of months
Yes mines the same, always encourages me in what ever i want to do.
You do only live once after all. Just have to get this covid business under
control and as soon as the ?? lockdown is over i'll be up in those clouds
again.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Thats it. My mind is now made up. I've been flying the M2P for a couple of years and the camera is brilliant. However I need another challenge so I've decided to get a 2 meter RC glyder, with the intention to upgrade to a 3 or 4 meter glider once I get the hang of it. I should fill in for the Mavic on days where its just too windy. Sorting out a camera to fit will be fun as well. Anyone else gone for fixed wing to partner up with there drone?

Reactions: pelagic_one
I built my first balsawood plane 60 years ago, only flew once and crashed but still never got me off model planes, I took up Hangliding for 14 years, gave that up when I realised I was getting older but missed seeing the ground from the air, my next one about 20 years ago was a Easy Glider fitted with a camera then went to the Easystar again with a sony camera, see this video, switched motor off at 2.54 then glided down the rest of the flight.
had about 7-8 of those, next was selfbuilt small quadcopter from there to tricopters,had about 8 of those then to DJI quads

Last edited:
I built my first balsawood plane 60 years ago, only flew once and crashed but still never got me off model planes, I took up Hangliding for 14 years, gave that up when I realised I was getting older but missed seeing the ground from the air, my next one about 20 years ago was a Easy Glider fitted with a camera then went to the Easystar again with a sony camera, see this video,
had about 7-8 of those, next was selfbuilt small quadcopter from there to tricopters,had about 8 of those then to DJI quads
I've got some catching up to do!
Nice vid

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito