DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OMG, new D-log and -3 -2 -1 all bunch of footages from this beautiful day goes into a trash

Will Falcon

Reactions
Can not even see this s***t =( I'm upset

2017-02-16_13.10.39.png

An example: http://www.vitaliy-sokol.com/mavic/DJI_0056.MOV

Day before (OK):
02.png

Last edited:
Hi Will

Sorry not easy to understand your problem, because you have not given any info on the settings used whilst recording the video, have I missed something...?

Waylander

Nope. You didn't miss anything. You got the fully non-informational rant...
In the title?

It's going to be soft and mushy with those settings - dlog requires some work later even on default zeros, all -1 might be OK.
Unless used to working with flat profiles cinelike is probably best option.

Reactions: Will Falcon
Hi Will

Sorry not easy to understand your problem, because you have not given any info on the settings used whilst recording the video, have I missed something...?

Waylander

Hi Waylander, sorry, in the title, its: D-log and -3 -2 -1 (sharpen/contrast/etc) in custom color settings.

Have you shot in D-Log previously and if so with these settings? -3 sharpness is pretty drastic in my opinion and as mentioned D-Log will be really flat until you do some work in post. My apologies if you already know all of this.

Yes sorry did miss the info contained in the title, but still wouldn't you need to know things like F-stops and shutter speeds etc to understand what's going on.
4wd has a handle on it, D-log does need some post production to remove some of the flat profile we see in the video examples, over too more knowledgeable photography buffs :)
Waylander

-1 sharpness has been described several times as "unusable" already (not the case on my unit/settings, buit meh...), so not sure why you'd use -3.

Latest firmware mentions changes to D-Log so it's obviously your job to test it extensively before you go shoot something with it again.

Reactions: Will Falcon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom