DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

On Screen Warning: "Radar near by. Watch out for signal interference"

Thank you!
a Cell tower!
I am strictly a nature photographer and have no desire to be near any broadcast towers.
I live in a VERY rural foothill area. I do wonder if it was the military fighter jets overhead that had radar...

I never received a radar warning I did however fly ~30ft above a power line and it said something along these lines "Power line near-by fly with caution" I thought it was pretty neat on my 2nd battery I repeated the same thing and got the same message so...

I have never seen a warning like this. I wonder if maybe the police are using x,k band speed measuring radar in the 10.5 and 24 GHz range? (I know the drones work in the 2.4-5.0 ghz regions)
It’s the returned home tips with the lightbulb next to it in the lower center section of the screen nothing to do with government of the feds it’s just a tip. I saw it twice this weekend along with the other Ruth tips

Reactions: ISEEu and Howard70
One more reason to avoid using RTH - superfluous screen messages designed to entertain a bored pilot while they're watching an automated system fly the drone they bought so that they could enjoy flying.

Using RTH is like watching your drone fly on Youtube; you're just a spectator.

This is NOT a warning message, it is a Tip. While you are in RTH, Hyperlapse, and some other modes, there are tips that show on the screen. You can see the little light bulb sign, which means it's a tip, not a warning. All warnings appear on the top left of the screen, just like the Homepoint message. It just tries to say that if you fly near a radar you should be careful, it doesn't mean that your drone detected a radar or something.

If it bothers you (which it does to me) you can disable tips in DJI Fly Settings.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I received this warning message today. You can see it in this screen capture below - small white letters scrolling. I found no reference to it by Googling and this is this first I've seen it. I've flown this area many times before. Anyone else ever see this? I'm near a private airstrip but not flying in unauthorized airspace. I will add, I'm not near any large body of water therefore marine radar would not be a factor.
View attachment 125022
I've gotten a warning on my Mini 2 for radar interference a couple times in a specific area I fly at frequently (about 6 miles from a Doppler weather radar. At this distance the radar beam is about the altitude I fly at). I do wonder if the drone antennas can actually tell a radar is nearby as Doppler operates at a somewhat nearby frequency to Occusync 2.0. I would wonder if the software has radar locations saved and it shows this warning when you fly by a radar but it doesn't appear each time which eliminates this hypothesis and makes the idea that the drone can sense the radar piles seem more likely, then again, I have no evidence that this is true either. Note: mine appeared in the orange warning box, not the white scrolling tips.

The OccuSync and weather radar do overlap. In Europe the power on OccuSync is reduced because of that and if Radar is detected on the same channel then the drone has to switch to a different one.

That is not a warning. It's a tip the drone displays when flying autonomously (RTH, Timelapses).

It was added to fly a few versions ago.

Why the message looks like a statement and not a tip might be due to its translation from Chinese to English.

Last edited:
Hello. I have also got this many times. I am pretty sure I know what it is. When you do a return to home or a hyper lapse, the drone puts tips at the bottom of the screen for you to look at while you are waiting for the hyperlapse or the rth to complete. I believe it means that if there is a radar thing nearby you need to be careful, not there IS one nearby. I have noticed that it gives you those tips in order also. I do not believe it is an actual “live” warning.
I can confirm what you said, the message is just part of the tips(it is also indicated by the light bulb icon and not some warning symbols) that will be showed during automated flight modes.It already happened to me but without any relevance to my sorroundings. The only times the drone has actually warned me of possible aircrafts and similar stuff nearby there was an airplane symbol on the radar in the bottom left of the app and I actually saw the planes fly in the sky.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3