DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

One of the reasons I really love DJI is how they stand behind their product...

baksideDisaster

Reactions
1603491790912.png

I know not everyone has had positive experiences with DJI support, and well in a perfect world our drones wouldn't crash at all.. but they do and I absolutely love when a company stands behind their product. It really makes me stick with the brand and want to sing their praises.

I had my Mavic Air fall out of the sky back on a road trip in August. Which forced me (ahem!) to buy a Mavic Air 2 while on my trip. My Mavic Air had been a really great drone for me. I'd had it since release in January of 2018 and it had been really solid with really just a few minor annoyances only this whole time. I just figured it's time was up when it dropped from the sky for no apparent reason... I was really stoked on my new Mavic Air 2 which has been super awesome IMO, so I kinda left her in a broken pile in my office after I returned from my trip. Finally got off my butt (well it took me a month), figured I'd send it in just for the ( Mod Removed Language)of it. Low and behold they are fixing it for free. Super surprised. Pretty awesome DJI!

1603492080704.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bad if the fixed it for free but the trouble with DJI refresh ( I assume that's what you used ) is that you have to recover the drone to send back, lost in the water or up a mountain = no claim.

A little bit confused here. What really happened.?? Did ya crash it intentionally? Was it under some kind of extended warranty?
No it just fell out of sky, took off to about 100ft, was filming a pan shot and suddenly it just dropped. DJI determined it to be under warranty due to ESC failure. I was surprised but I'm not gonna question their evaluation.

Not bad if the fixed it for free but the trouble with DJI refresh ( I assume that's what you used ) is that you have to recover the drone to send back, lost in the water or up a mountain = no claim.
There’s other problems with refresh. In my case it cost twice as much as real insurance and covers only about a fourth of what real insurance costs.
And they don’t have the strong arm tactics of requiring that you get it Before you fly.

Not only do they not require returning the drone they cover the controller the batteries and everything else that you put into the quote.
What’s more since DJI is giving you a refurbished unit which was a damaged drone that they repaired it cost them very little.
In the case of real insurance you get a new drone.

There’s other problems with refresh. In my case it cost twice as much as real insurance and covers only about a fourth of what real insurance costs.
And they don’t have the strong arm tactics of requiring that you get it Before you fly.

Not only do they not require returning the drone they cover the controller the batteries and everything else that you put into the quote.
What’s more since DJI is giving you a refurbished unit which was a damaged drone that they repaired it cost them very little.
In the case of real insurance you get a new drone.
Not 100% sure but have read that collecting on State Farm may raise your homeowner rates(even if the home is insured by another company)or State Farm will cancel your drone insurance after 1 incident.

View attachment 115692

I know not everyone has had positive experiences with DJI support, and well in a perfect world our drones wouldn't crash at all.. but they do and I absolutely love when a company stands behind their product. It really makes me stick with the brand and want to sing their praises.

I had my Mavic Air fall out of the sky back on a road trip in August. Which forced me (ahem!) to buy a Mavic Air 2 while on my trip. My Mavic Air had been a really great drone for me. I'd had it since release in January of 2018 and it had been really solid with really just a few minor annoyances only this whole time. I just figured it's time was up when it dropped from the sky for no apparent reason... I was really stoked on my new Mavic Air 2 which has been super awesome IMO, so I kinda left her in a broken pile in my office after I returned from my trip. Finally got off my butt (well it took me a month), figured I'd send it in just for the ( Mod Removed Language)of it. Low and behold they are fixing it for free. Super surprised. Pretty awesome DJI!

View attachment 115693
I wish I could say the same. The three batteries I bought with the Mavic 2 Pro have only been charge a total of 30 times each and all have dies completely. I have written 3 times to DDJI and I have not had ones response. Very disappointed.

View attachment 115692

View attachment 115693
Not all would agree

Not 100% sure but have read that collecting on State Farm may raise your homeowner rates(even if the home is insured by another company)or State Farm will cancel your drone insurance after 1 incident.
I doubt that another company would raise their rate

I have had the same results as Bakside with DJI. It seems to me that with the information that you are able to download back to DJI that they pretty well know what happened to the drone...as in mysterious cracks that appear out of nowhere near the landing gear attach points etc etc.
I am surprised though..that Bakside thought that all drones end up falling in a heap;)

Since I don’t have a homeowners from state farm I guess I don’t have to worry about that.
It’s not possible for them to increase your rate if you have another company.
Homeowners insurance is based on completely different criteria like the condition of your roof and so forth

I wish I could say the same. The three batteries I bought with the Mavic 2 Pro have only been charge a total of 30 times each and all have dies completely. I have written 3 times to DDJI and I have not had ones response. Very disappointed.
I got four new batteries from DJI for my M2.
I sent them the graphs from Air data. It will pay for a lifetime subscription to Air data

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: offtheback
Never shared the crash, here's what happened. I'm in an open area, no trees, about ~100 ft up I think when this happened.

Just got notice that my Mavic has been delivered to UPS for shipping. :)

• Wow
Reactions: MA2 317
Since Refresh lasts a year and expired, and warranty is 6mo to a year (depending on component), how was it covered under warranty? It sounded like warranty also expired January.

Refresh+ does extended the warranty though.

Since I don’t have a homeowners from state farm I guess I don’t have to worry about that.
It’s not possible for them to increase your rate if you have another company.
Homeowners insurance is based on completely different criteria like the condition of your roof and so forth
Property coverage is part of homeowners coverage, and insurance companies tend to share risk assessment on individuals.

So a personal property claim against one company can affect rates of coverages that includes personal property from another company.

Not sure this is accurate. I live right on Lake Coeur d’Alene, and practically every flight I make is over water. I did not purchase refresh for my sons mini because of that, it was clearly stated that to be covered the drone had to be recovered. When I got my Mavic Air 2, just because of how much more expensive it was I opted for coverage. To my surprise, my coverage includes losing the drone via fly away or losing it over water. Those replacements are limited and far more expensive, but they are covered.

Not sure this is accurate. I live right on Lake Coeur d’Alene, and practically every flight I make is over water. I did not purchase refresh for my sons mini because of that, it was clearly stated that to be covered the drone had to be recovered. When I got my Mavic Air 2, just because of how much more expensive it was I opted for coverage. To my surprise, my coverage includes losing the drone via fly away or losing it over water. Those replacements are limited and far more expensive, but they are covered.
They are covered *now*. They were not at the time the post was made to which you're responding.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121