DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

One Year Project with MP

knsaber

Reactions
Hope you guys enjoy my one year project.

I know a lot of limitations and fixes that need to be done for the next project - most notably the low resolution. I had watched many YouTubers recommending 2K resolution when recording, and I regret not filming in original UHD 4K due to the need for rescaling a lot of footage to match each other. I flew with Litchi waypoints, and when close to objects, any variances off with the GPS leads to unmatched repeated footage.

I started a new project in a new county with these tips in mind:
Film further away from objects to deal with GPS variances
Film in UHD 4K
Include some motion time lapse with DJI Osmo Pocket
Choosing the correct ND filter as not to allow the shutter speed to drop below 1/100s
Get more footage!

I know a lot of limitations and fixes that need to be done for the next project - most notably the low resolution. I had watched many YouTubers recommending 2K resolution when recording, and I regret not filming in original UHD 4K due to the need for rescaling a lot of footage to match each other. I flew with Litchi waypoints, and when close to objects, any variances off with the GPS leads to unmatched repeated footage.

Film in UHD 4K
Choosing the correct ND filter as not to allow the shutter speed to drop below 1/100s
Get more footage!

This is awesome!!!! I've wanted to do something similar since I started flying back in 2013 but never had the patience. You nailed it, love it!

Reactions: knsaber
One of the coolest drone videos I've ever seen! I love the variety of shots and all of them done in the varying seasons. I can only imagine the amount of work and patience to put it together. Amazing! Those seamless transitions where the snow or the leaves appear in the shots really helps sell the effect. Super cool! Thanks for sharing!

Nightmare for me would be keeping all that footage organized. Great Job. What editing program was used?

Luckily there aren't TOO much footage. They're organized in folders by location, and technically only need 4 good videos per location. I also renamed each file by location - season as soon as I download them.

I use Adobe Premiere Pro to edit and manually transform each footage to fit seamlessly into the next clip. I wish I had like 8K video to play with.

Hello neighbor, I live about 5 miles away from where the video was shot. Very awesome. The planning and editing is incredible. You inspire DP’s to think of what there shooting and how it will look in post production, but you took it to another level. Thank you

I loved this. Superb flying / editing. Loved the transitions and havn't tired of watching it yet.
At least a couple of dozen times now with various family and work colleagues. Thank you for sharing.

Film in UHD 4K
Get more footage!

The best video I have watched. Awesome job

Film in UHD 4K
Get more footage!

Very very nice! I live in Florida and sometimes forget how great the four seasons can be. Very good work

This is what good video and good editing combined can do. You have shown everyone how creative you are in addition to being a very good dp2 (Drone pilot & director of photog). I am just getting started, this is a perfect sample to show in a class or online course. I would leave that to you. Thank you!

Hello neighbor, I live about 5 miles away from where the video was shot. Very awesome. The planning and editing is incredible. You inspire DP’s to think of what there shooting and how it will look in post production, but you took it to another level. Thank you

thanks! Ok definitely learning along the way as well and already starting on next year’s video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98