DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

open mavic 2 battery

I have 855 flights and 198 hrs flying on my Mavic2 and found out about swollen batteries the hard way. Out of 10 batteries only 2 are good still. Buying 2 at a time. I put velcro tape around swollen batteries to hold them in. At a big risk, if I need more fly time, they do come back popped up. But can’t get Out. I was working on changing out the cells from batteries that are swollen. with the cells from the bricked or battery computer don’t work. To make more batteries. The dang batteries don’t last more than 6 months, right at the warranty date.
Except maybe for the batteries from original release, they shouldn't swell so easily. Just be sure not to keep them in hot environments, particularly fully charged.

On hot days I keep them in a cooler.

My original batteries almost lasted a year before they exhibited swelling. They're still electrically good. My mistake was having them in the car too long.
Interesting thing: after not using them for a long time but still with around 50% charge, the swelling has gone down to almost unnoticed when at 73 degrees. I'll have to see how they are after a hover test.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31