DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Operators licence number too long?

Tinyroo

Reactions
So today I renewed my operators licence here in the UK and it is way longer than last year's number. It has GBR at the beginning which I'm guessing refers to Great Britain then OP then a 12 digit number. Last year it just had OP and a 7 digit number. I'm really struggling to find somewhere on the MA2 where it will fit.
I'd possibly have a better chance if I left off GBR-OP- but am I allowed to do this?

Thank you

Reactions: dilwyn555
So today I renewed my operators licence here in the UK and it is way longer than last year's number. It has GBR at the beginning which I'm guessing refers to Great Britain then OP then a 12 digit number. Last year it just had OP and a 7 digit number. I'm really struggling to find somewhere on the MA2 where it will fit.
I'd possibly have a better chance if I left off GBR-OP- but am I allowed to do this?

Thank you
Don’t know if you’re allowed to omit it, but I printed mine on a Dymo in small font size.
Fits fine on the sides.

I tried to find a reference to an ID size requirement. So far, I haven't found one for US numbering of drones, so I used a laser printer and made a label that is readable, barely. And rubber cemented that to my drone. The numbering I applied is larger than the serial number on the factory label - so I consider myself prepped for any arguments.

Reactions: Tinyroo
@Tinyroo it all depends when you first applied for your operator number mine was 5th November 2019 and when i renewed it in 2020 i had an email that said that when i renewed this year, that my ID number would most likely change in 2021, and i would have to be prepared to change the number on my drones then, i believe that once it has been renewed in 2021 then that number should stay the same every year ,(latest info available) its to fall in line with the new regs that came in force in January 2021 ,the flyer ID has also changed from 3 years to five years duration

Reactions: Tinyroo
@Tinyroo it all depends when you first applied for your operator number mine was 5th November 2019 and when i renewed it in 2020 i had an email that said that when i renewed this year, that my ID number would most likely change in 2021, and i would have to be prepared to change the number on my drones then, i believe that once it has been renewed in 2021 then that number should stay the same every year ,(latest info available) its to fall in line with the new regs that came in force in January 2021 ,the flyer ID has also changed from 3 years to five years duration
Thank you for your reply, what are your thoughts on me missing out the GBR-OP- bit and just having the numbers on there?

Reactions: old man mavic
@Tinyroo ,i would check with the CAA website or email them and ask if you have to show the GBR-OP part ,i would imagine that you will ,but there's no harm in asking ,if you have an answer please could you let us know on the forum
many thanks OMM

Renewed my Operators Registration today and yes, got the long number. Which is just about fine on my Mavic Pro but as I’m also the holder of a OA (PfCO in old money) I also have to put it on my Mini 2 along with the OA number. This could be tricky. Especially as I did the same registration in France to fly in the EU and have their number on there as well. Also, anyone know how you get Sharpie ink off DJI plastic? Magnifying glass anyone?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure