DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Opinion: Where were the Drones?

In my experience, the Secret Service wasn't even remotely concerned about the intentions of people in or near a protected venue. If there was a doubt, they'd expel folks from any potentially threatening locale. I remember a fly fisherman at Grand Teton NP being jerked off a trout stream because a presidential motorcade was scheduled to pass over a nearby bridge.

Is the guy on the rooftop a potential threat or just someone washing his solar panels? No debate. Get him off the roof, even if it's his roof. He can wash his solar panels later.

If the Secret Service entrusted local law enforcement to secure those buildings just outside the perimeter, then both the Secret Service and local law enforcement dropped the ball. There should have been a uniformed presence on or actively surveilling every rooftop, elevated spot, and possible point of concealment within line-of-sight of the speaker's stand. And there should have been a Secret Service agent specifically assigned to ensure that local cooperators were doing their jobs. Better safe than sorry.

It certainly seems like they dropped the ball. I wasnt there nor am i privy to how those guys operate, but from my military experience and being involved in many exercises in my years of service and looking at the aerial pics of the area, the spot the sniper acted from would have been the first place i would have had covered.
It seems like they had cover looking out but nothing looking in.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hinzel4000