DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Opinions ?? Anyone think Air2S will get "real" Native DJI waypoints?

RetiredInFL

Very Large Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Can anyone elaborate on all the no votes lol? I figure why wouldn't they , they just did it for the 3 series why not the 2 series. I'm holding out hope cause I want them included out of all fairness to us, but eventually I will buy a mavic 3 just to get them if I have too.

Jeff

Can anyone elaborate on all the no votes lol? I figure why wouldn't they , they just did it for the 3 series why not the 2 series. I'm holding out hope cause I want them included out of all fairness to us, but eventually I will buy a mavic 3 just to get them if I have too.

Jeff
Air 2 isn't the mavic 2 series it's a teir below in how dji treats it, and unlike the mavic pro, mavic 2 pro and mavic 3, it doesn't have the internal capabilities for native waypoints.

Last edited:
Air 2 isn't the mavic 2 series it's a teir below in how dji treats it, and unlike the mavic pro, mavic 2 pro and mavic 3, it doesn't have the internal capabilities for native waypoints.

I don't think ANYONE knows that for sure (except for DJI product developers) and it's strictly an assumption. While it may be a fact (or not) it could simply be a DJI choice whether (or not) to make it available to the public for a number of reasons.

No,I think they will keep that confined to just the Mavic 3 series.
Otherwise they probably would have done it already
Not necessarily true. At least you said "you think" :D !!!! Just maybe they have a "development order" on what comes first (typed with fingers crossed).

I don't think ANYONE knows that for sure (except for DJI product developers) and it's strictly an assumption. While it may be a fact (or not) it could simply be a DJI choice whether (or not) to make it available to the public for a number of reasons.
It doesn't take much to find folks who have done complete tear downs of these drones and pointed out what kind of microprocessors they carry and their capabilities as well as how much ROM storage they can hold for possible firmware (not to be confused with internal memory used for photos and videos).

It doesn't take much to find folks who have done complete tear downs of these drones and pointed out what kind of microprocessors they carry and their capabilities as well as how much ROM storage they can hold for possible firmware (not to be confused with internal memory used for photos and videos).

I'd like to see that comparison. Couldn't find any in a quick search. That being said the Chinese can stick 15 minutes of dictated voice recordings into a $29.99 doll I just bought for my granddaughter so I think there could be enough RAM (not ROM) to save a few hundred bytes of data for native waypoints **IF** they want to. It's not like they are using an Core i5 intel processor with discrete ram chips stuck on a circuit board that is visible on a teardown. This is all custom designed stuff. I am sure they design custom chips for these drones and probably share a LOT of common circuitry between various models. NO ONE looking at a circuit board can see what's inside those LSI chips. My son-in-law's company designs proprietary LSI chips for Gov't backup GPS systems and it is unimaginable what they can squeeze into them.

Again I say, NO ONE, other than their board designers and programmers can have a clue of what is CAPABLE in these drones that could be activated IF they want to. So all we are doing is guessing using public information from the Internet.

EDIT: I'm not saying you are wrong or I am right, we really don't know.

Reactions: kenjancef
It’s not going to get it. If it doesn’t already consider this drone is coming up in 2 years old. I wouldn’t coins on many new features coming and if they are it will be minor features being added.

Reactions: mavictk
Not a chance.

Even if hell freezes over.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman