DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Options for viewing?

Joymaker

Reactions
My Mavic Air will arrive in the next day or two. I didn't order the fancy goggles, so I want to hear input on best ways to view the feed as it's coming back from the drone.

1. Just for me. Phone? Tablet? What are people using and liking?

2. For a group. I live on a FANTASTIC piece of property with so much to explore. I'd like to set up so that several people can be viewing the feed at once, as I'm flying the drone around the property (some 200 acres). Do laptops work?

Thanks to all,
Ken

Last edited:
So I've been using my iPhone 6, and I am radically dissatisfied with the size of the image I get. I'd really like to be able to connect my Mac laptop and view the video directly on that. Is there any way to do this? What app would I need to run on the laptop?

No. You will have to search for ground stations to see what has been done. Off the top of my head you could run a ipad pro mounted to a tripod with a long cable or try an ipad mini. I have no trouble other than glare using a mini.

So I've been using my iPhone 6, and I am radically dissatisfied with the size of the image I get. I'd really like to be able to connect my Mac laptop and view the video directly on that. Is there any way to do this? What app would I need to run on the laptop?
I imagine you could use the iPhone 6 to fly, connected by wire to the controller.
And you could mirror the iPhone 6 to a MacBook with two steps:
1) Before you fly set up the MacBook to be a wifi hotspot. Here are instructions How to Setup an Ad-Hoc WiFi Network OSX 10.10 or higher Connect your iPhone to that wifi.
2) Use one the pieces of software in this thread to turn your MacBook into an airplay receiver. Can you AirPlay to a Mac Mini | Official Apple Support Communities Then mirror your iPhone screen to the MacBook via airplay.

Nvidia shield tablet with hdmi out (built in) to a bigger moniter

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7