DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ordering DJI Smart Controller from China

Dom84

Reactions
Hello,

I in Europe and want to order the Smart Controller from China, because I can get it for 140€ cheaper.
Are there any differences between the ones that are sold in Europe and the ones that are sold in China?

Thanks.
Regards,
Dom

Hello,

I in Europe and want to order the Smart Controller from China, because I can get it for 140€ cheaper.
Are there any differences between the ones that are sold in Europe and the ones that are sold in China?

Thanks.
Regards,
Dom
When ordering from China your best bet is to get them straight from DJI HERE. You will have less troubles returning or repairing if you have issues. But no, there is no difference, it will change automatically to FCC or CE depending on your GPS location.

When ordering from China your best bet is to get them straight from DJI HERE. You will have less troubles returning or repairing if you have issues. But no, there is no difference, it will change automatically to FCC or CE depending on your GPS location.

As I said, I can get it from China for 140€ less then from the Official DJI Store and that's a lot and might be worth ordering from there and taking the risk of not having warranty.
What I'm interested in is, if there are any differences or are all the Smart Controllers the same.

Thanks

I can get it from China for 140€ less
Don't forget you have to pay import tax and the VAT. (amount depends which country you are in)

As I said, I can get it from China for 140€ less then from the Official DJI Store and that's a lot and might be worth ordering from there and taking the risk of not having warranty.
What I'm interested in is, if there are any differences or are all the Smart Controllers the same.

Thanks
Are you sure it’s actually a DJI product and not a knock off? What if you get a non working or defective unit?

Reactions: RogerMav
No. DJI only makes one Smart Controller model, so you'll get the same product if it's really an OEM DJI product.

Reactions: RogerMav and Dom84
Are you sure it’s actually a DJI product and not a knock off? What if you get a non working or defective unit?

Of course it's not a knock off :) I never heard of a knock off DJI Smart Controller.
And if I get a non working or defective unit, I would ask the seller to send me a new unit or to refund me,... or else, PayPal would resolve the issue.

Reactions: Thomas B
If you can pay via PayPal and don't mind waiting for it, then it might be a worthwhile buy.

Theyre $649 on Banggood and you can take 10% of with code TTxBG10. Add another 6% cashback with topcashback. All up comes to $549 after cashback or a $200 savings assuming all goes to plan.

Not a bad deal over the $749 rort DJI is trying to pull on the US market under the guise of "tariffs". Oh and they're actually in stock, unlike DJI.

Being from Australia, relying on grey imports has become somewhat of a necessity on electronic goods since RRP here is normally >20% from the rest of the developed world.

Reactions: squashpile
Interesting.. thanks for the info.

Theyre $649 on Banggood and you can take 10% of with code TTxBG10. Add another 6% cashback with topcashback. All up comes to $549 after cashback or a $200 savings assuming all goes to plan.

Not a bad deal over the $749 rort DJI is trying to pull on the US market under the guise of "tariffs". Oh and they're actually in stock, unlike DJI.

Being from Australia, relying on grey imports has become somewhat of a necessity on electronic goods since RRP here is normally >20% from the rest of the developed world.

I bought my M2Z from banggood back in october with no issues, even got the cashback from TCB eventually. Came to about $1600 or $1500 if counting the cashback. Locally they retailed $2000AUD

I’ve purchased things from Banggood too. It took a while to get them delivered to the US, but never had any problems with them.

I ordered a few things from banggood. 50% DOA. Not worth it to me.
Pay with Paypal in case of any issues. I think Paypal may even pay upto a certain amount for return postage in case you need to send it back.

Banggood is the seller, DJI makes it. Shipping times vary on product, My M2Z was shipped to me in just under a week. Recently ordered a Fimi X8 from there also, had it in ~2 weeks from shipping date.

Of course Banggood is just one of many sellers, there are other options out there, google is your friend :)

AliExpress is the one you need to look out for as its more an open marketplace and the experience varies from excellent to extremely poor depending on the seller.

Hey guys I was considering purchasing my SC from one of these China sites as well. Has anyone on our forum purchased a SC or know anyone who has from one of these China dealers? If so what can you tell us about your experience & the quality of the SC from there?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661