DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Oregon coast firefighter brings his mavic to work and uses it to find a stranded dog over cliff

The comments were giving the Dept some grizzle because people took a risk to save a dog.

Our department doesn't have high cliffs, but we do have lots of ice.

If someone calls 911 for a dog through the ice, we respond every time.

2 reasons: if 911 says we won't help, the owner will like fall through the ice trying to rescue the dog. And, it is a really great "live fire" training exercise. Ice rescue isn't something we do everyday and it's good practice. Firefighters in ice water rescue suits tethered with rope are almost 100% safe during ice rescue.

I imagine the same applies to high angle rope rescue.

The comments were giving the Dept some grizzle because people took a risk to save a dog.

Our department doesn't have high cliffs, but we do have lots of ice.

If someone calls 911 for a dog through the ice, we respond every time.

2 reasons: if 911 says we won't help, the owner will like fall through the ice trying to rescue the dog. And, it is a really great "live fire" training exercise. Ice rescue isn't something we do everyday and it's good practice. Firefighters in ice water rescue suits tethered with rope are almost 100% safe during ice rescue.

I imagine the same applies to high angle rope rescue.
I would agree with you on that notion, from a high angle rescue and FD point of view. I've used my MP for training to scout out climbing routes and height (cheating on the length of rope is better than not having enough)of cliffs. But I've never used it for an actual rescue and won't until I get my 107. But I have heard from the neighboring dept using it on palm tree rescues. They attach the rope with a paper clip and fly it over the top to the other side. Then attach their climbing system and rescue the tree trimmer. Don't know if I'd do the same thing without my 107. Not worth it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming