DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Oregon Coast

Well done! I'm in Oregon myself and just getting into drone videography. I was on the coast this weekend, taking some footage and scouting out locations for future work. I'm still not used to flying the drone more than 2,000' or so away from me, so it will take some getting used to it and some confidence in the drone and my flying abilities to get some of these awesome shots of the Oregon coastline! :) Do you mind telling us what drone you used to get this footage? Thanks!

Last edited:
Well done! I'm in Oregon myself and just getting into drone videography. I was on the coast this weekend, taking some footage and scouting out locations for future work. I'm still not used to flying the drone more than 2,000' or so away from me, so it will take some getting used to it and some confidence in the drone and my flying abilities to get some of these awesome shots of the Oregon coastline! :) Do you mind telling us what drone you used to get this footage? Thanks!

Thank you! I use a mavic 2 pro. The Oregon Coast is definitely great to shoot! It definitely took me some time to get confident in flying. Just make sure you keep flying and producing content!
Also, Google maps is great for scouting!

Great video, I love that coastline and would like to visit some day. You gave it great perspective and scale by showing yourself on the rock at 3:52.
I was waiting for you to fly through some of the rocks and you didn't disappoint in the end, nice.

Great video, I love that coastline and would like to visit some day. You gave it great perspective and scale by showing yourself on the rock at 3:52.
I was waiting for you to fly through some of the rocks and you didn't disappoint in the end, nice.
Appreciate all the kind words! I highly recommend visiting Oregon. It's highly dynamic and there is so much to see!

Great video! I'm new to flying and am considering buying the 2 Pro as my first one. I know that is an expensive rig to learn on, so deciding on buying a cheap one to learn on and then the 2 Pro and have to learn again. Any advice from the pros is most welcome.

Great video! I'm new to flying and am considering buying the 2 Pro as my first one. I know that is an expensive rig to learn on, so deciding on buying a cheap one to learn on and then the 2 Pro and have to learn again. Any advice from the pros is most welcome.
I have been flying the Mavic Air for about two years, and I just purchased the Mavic 2 Zoom. Don't waste your money on a less expensive drone to learn on,
these drones are so user friendly now you will do fine. The plus side is that they have a beginner mode so its easy to learn and the Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom is fantastic.

Thanks - I've heard of the beginner mode in the 2 Pro and also that the 1" sensor is far better.
If you are seriously into videography and want that little extra resolution yes, but the 2x zoom on the M2Z is a great extra, plus, you can switch to 1080P and zoom in 4x to 96mm, and I have a hard time telling the difference
between the pictures and videos from the M2P or M2Z on my 27" computer from all the videos i've watched. On top of that you can get another battery and a set of props for less than the M2P.
The drones are exactly the same except for the camera. Check out some YouTube comparisons between the two. Whichever you decide to get you'll love it. Good luck and happy flying.

Nice. I love Oregon. My sister lives in Tualatin and when we visited last, we were all over the place from Mt. Hood, to Tillamok to Bobs Red Mill and all the nice places in between.

This time, I will bring my Mini ? Thumbswayup

EDIT: Shout out also goes to that clam chowder place. I just forgot the name. Was it Mo's?

Nice Vid.

I see that your released this “Part 1” vid back in July. Are you still filming Part 2 or getting ready to release it soon?

Hey Everyone! Just completed a 1 of 3 series on the Oregon Coast! Living in Portland, OR my whole life I didn't realize how beautiful and dynamic the Oregon Coast is.
I hope you all enjoy it!
Hi zero,
the coast is really fantastic! Very smooth flying compliments I enjoyed the video!
One remark: If you reverse the shot which starts at 4.39 it would be much more interesting, because by fliyng backwards you reveale little by little the amazing rock formations!
cheers Paul

I have been flying the Mavic Air for about two years, and I just purchased the Mavic 2 Zoom. Don't waste your money on a less expensive drone to learn on,
these drones are so user friendly now you will do fine. The plus side is that they have a beginner mode so its easy to learn and the Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom is fantastic.
I agree, having started with the Mavic 2 Zoom. No matter what you fly, just take it slow and easy and don't do stupid things. Have fun!

Hey Everyone! Just completed a 1 of 3 series on the Oregon Coast! Living in Portland, OR my whole life I didn't realize how beautiful and dynamic the Oregon Coast is.
I hope you all enjoy it!
Great video! My wife and I once took a trip from Washington to California while flying low, along the coast. It was her favorite airplane trip. I don't have a memory of the more rugged area as you have shown us. What town were you near?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N