DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Original Mavic 3 vs Mavic 3 Classic: Optical vs Digital Zoom comparison

the Mavic 3 images certainly look better but I'm not sure all the comparisons are apples-to-apples

and unless I'm really mistaken I don't think either drone has an optical zoom

Reactions: Ty Pilot
unless I'm really mistaken I don't think either drone has an optical zoom
You are not mistaken, as already stated in post #3
The only DJI consumer drone with a zoom lens is the Mavic 2 Zoom.

And the term "digital zoom" is a misconception and marketing babble. It is nothing more than a crop of the image from a fixed focal length lens.

I agree with posts above - the camera on the M3 of course does not have a zoom lens, and doesn't have 'optical' zoom.

When one compares the imagery from any supposed 'Zoom' camera on these drones (M2Z excluded), it becomes clear that as the "zoom" is increased, the quality begins to fall apart in comparison to it's own imagery when not zoomed.

So as long as the images are just for personal use, or looking across the Grand Canyon while flying, maybe the zoom on the M3 is okay. But if you take pictures or videos for work, the Mavic 3 Classic quickly stands apart, because it can do everything that M3 can do for about 500.00 less.

I agree with posts above - the camera on the M3 of course does not have a zoom lens, and doesn't have 'optical' zoom.

When one compares the imagery from any supposed 'Zoom' camera on these drones (M2Z excluded), it becomes clear that as the "zoom" is increased, the quality begins to fall apart in comparison to it's own imagery when not zoomed.

So as long as the images are just for personal use, or looking across the Grand Canyon while flying, maybe the zoom on the M3 is okay. But if you take pictures or videos for work, the Mavic 3 Classic quickly stands apart, because it can do everything that M3 can do for about 500.00 less.
it doesn't stand as far apart as you claim

a refurbished Mavic 3 only costs $40 more than the M3C

and a refurbished Mavic 3 FMC is only $30 more than the M3C FMC, and the Mavic 3 FMC comes with an ND filter set

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOM112