DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Original, White, or Platinum?

Wrinkle249

Reactions
So if I am purchasing a Mavic Pro for the first time, should I get the original, white, or platinum? Been reading everything and watching this thing for a year, finally pulling the trigger in the next week or so in case they have a Black Friday sale.

If the original, there have been guesses that they are phasing it out in favor of the platinum? Ala the White limited edition which uses the same parts - perhaps to sell faster and move them out? Will the parts be available for a while understanding that the wife said it’ll be a while, if I will be able to purchase another one at all. (Apparently the kids need to eat)

Then purchasing - Amazon through DJI for the shipping time and a few more things they include in the fly more combo? Or DJI with longer shipping and I have a 10% educator discount but really would like to have it sooner. I need to scratch this itch badly... any help/suggestions are appreciated. I have read the regular vs. platinum threads but the white combo with 3 batts seems appealing.

Reactions: wsteele
should I get the original, white, or platinum?
If the color is most important to you, then go with the color that looks best to your eye. If you're most interested in the best deal, then the white Mavic is the best option at the moment (since it comes with 3 batteries). If having the most advanced Mavic is most important, then get the Mavic Platinum Pro.

finally pulling the trigger in the next week or so in case they have a Black Friday sale
The Mavic Pro is going to be on sale for $100 off and the Mavic Pro Fly More Combo is going to be on sale for $150 off. You can check out a complete list of DJI's upcoming sales here.

Will the parts be available for a while
The Mavic is one of DJI's most popular drones. Parts will most likely be available for years after you're still interested in flying a Mavic Pro.

Or DJI with longer shipping
While it's not as fast as Amazon Prime shipping, DJI's shipping is pretty quick when they have the products in stock. Before you buy, check the estimated ship date in the DJI Store. That date is usually accurate.

The white was only released to use up all the original parts IMHO. It brings nothing but a change of colour

I think color means nothing because you can get a good skin and have it any color you want so i see you have 2 choises

White that comes.with 3 batteries
Or the MPP

Reactions: wytnyt
Thanks for all of the input - in the other thread as well.

Purchased last night under the Black Friday deal. With a 10% educator discount (pays to be a teacher in this case) in addition to the $150 off, I also added the $99 insurance and $15 propeller guards, but got the landing pad, propeller holders, and controller guard for free with the Mavic Pro fly more combo - I paid $1136.70 with CA sales tax.

So I can wreck it a couple times (propeller guards probably shouldn’t have purchased I guess) and still got a good deal I think. Now I just have to wait for shipping....

While it's not as fast as Amazon Prime shipping, DJI's shipping is pretty quick when they have the products in stock. Before you buy, check the estimated ship date in the DJI Store. That date is usually accurate.
I beg to differ... BEWARE ABOUT DJI PROMISED DATES!!!
I have ordered twice from DJI, each time promised delivery in 5-7 working days. Both times, two weeks elapsed and the order was not even shipped, much less delivered.

Reactions: Wrinkle249
I beg to differ... BEWARE ABOUT DJI PROMISED DATES!!!
I have ordered twice from DJI, each time promised delivery in 5-7 working days. Both times, two weeks elapsed and the order was not even shipped, much less delivered.

I found that out when I ordered. The company sent the shipping info to FedEx and 2 days later they started my DJI Refresh - I paid $99 for the 1 year coverage - but is hadn’t actually shipped yet. Was in an email battle with them for almost 3 weeks - I sent them the official shippIng info from FedEx more than once and they insisted it was shipped on the date they sent FedEx the info. After my second call to FedEx I insisted DJI call them also. They finally did and realized they were wrong. A couple of the emails were kinda rude. They asked me for my phone number on Friday so they could talk to me directly. I assume they will call me tomorrow. I received a survey asking about their customer service yesterday - will wait to see what they say on the phone.....

Reactions: Partizans
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser