DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Orlando wants to fleece drone operators for every flight

I've got the money to buy a used Cessna 172 cheap. Have a buddy that used to have his pilots license but lost it when he couldn't pass the medical. He will get us off the ground and let me have the controls. Can someone tell me what license I need to buy the plane? Just being sarcastic.
I don't know what the answer is, but something needs to be done to keep this sport as free of idiots as possible.
My post really helped with the problem. No?
Maybe not but we appreciate your input

Have a buddy that used to have his pilots license but lost it when he couldn't pass the medical.
I agree with your sentiments about restrictions but would just like to point out that you don't lose your license for not having passed a medical. You're just not "current". As far as I know, you can't "lose" you're licensed unless it's revoked by the FAA for a serious infraction.

I agree with your sentiments about restrictions but would just like to point out that you don't lose your license for not having passed a medical. You're just not "current". As far as I know, you can't "lose" you're licensed unless it's revoked by the FAA for a serious infraction.
That's sounds right

An operators license would be the best thing that could happen to the hobby. Have you ever had to show your automobile drivers license to buy a car? Retailers would have no obligation to check anything like that... maybe I am purchasing for a family member... I wouldn't need a license to do that. It would show authorities in the field that you have been trained and passed a knowledge test in order to safely operate one. Can you imagine if we just decided to do away with all licenses of all types? It is clear there is a need for it.
The retailers could follow the same process for buying a drone as they're required to do for the purchase of a firearm....fill out forms,verify purchaser, and register the drone with the Fed's...that would at least fix the "HONOR" system for doing it now...just a thought

True. My point it that one doesn't need a license to buy a full sized plane. The rest was just fluff. Thanks

The retailers could follow the same process for buying a drone as they're required to do for the purchase of a firearm....fill out forms,verify purchaser, and register the drone with the Fed's...that would at least fix the "HONOR" system for doing it now...just a thought
And watch their sales drop 99.9%

You’d probably get a little pushback from them

As long as it cost nothing I can't tentatively support that. But your talking about licencing minors... that's just messed up. LEO will always bully you. It certainly doesn't stop them from it now with all clearly defined laws in every other aspect.

This has to be one of the most childish and misinformed posts I have ever read...anywhere.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54