DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ositalv hinting at new Mavic 3?

What's the extra lens above the main camera?
Fs9GfWPXwAI6Cs4.jpg

What's the extra lens above the main camera?
If the third camera is a 3x telephoto that can cover the 3x-6.99x range with digital zoom, that would make the Explore mode much more useful, as 4x is currently too pixilated, and there is a huge 4x-7x gap, while the Explore mode jumps from a digital 4x on the 4/3 camera to the optical 7x of the current telephoto. A continuous digital zoom in between the fixed optical lenses of 1x, 3x and 7x would be very useful!

Reactions: PAW and Chrislaf
If the third camera is a 3x telephoto that can cover the 3x-6.99x range with digital zoom, that would make the Explore mode much more useful, as 4x is currently too pixilated, and there is a huge 4x-7x gap, while the Explore mode jumps from a digital 4x on the 4/3 camera to the optical 7x of the current telephoto. A continuous digital zoom in between the fixed optical lenses of 1x, 3x and 7x would be very useful!
I'll be looking closely to see what it is.
If it's what I'm hoping, I'll be one of the first in line to get one.

I'll be looking closely to see what it is.
If it's what I'm hoping, I'll be one of the first in line to get one.
What are you thinking? A different spectrum camera such as IR, Thermal etc...? That would be maybe a reason for me to look closer at the Mavic 3 as well.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
@Meta4 - curious what you are hoping for. Regardless, doesn't look like filters would mount too easily to that new camera housing.

What are you thinking? A different spectrum camera such as IR, Thermal etc...? That would be maybe a reason for me to look closer at the Mavic 3 as well.
DJI has already introduced Mavic 3 versions for enterprise users: Mavic 3E with mechanical shutter and Mavic 3T with a thermal camera. There's also Mavic 3M (Multispectral) for agriculture.

@Meta4 - curious what you are hoping for. Regardless, doesn't look like filters would mount too easily to that new camera housing.
For my work I could do with a lens that's somewhere between 35 mm and 60 mm equivalent.
Back last year OsitaLV seemed to be tipping a Mavic 3 series with 4/3" 24mm wide-angle, 1" 50mm and 1/2" 160mm telescope?

If the new model comes with a 1" sensor 50mm equiv camera, that would be perfect.
Others have made guesses that it might be a small optical zoom lens.
Eventually we'll find out.

For my work I could do with a lens that's somewhere between 35 mm and 60 mm equivalent.
Back last year OsitaLV seemed to be tipping a Mavic 3 series with 4/3" 24mm wide-angle, 1" 50mm and 1/2" 160mm telescope?

If the new model comes with a 1" sensor 50mm equiv camera, that would be perfect.
Others have made guesses that it might be a small optical zoom lens.
Eventually we'll find out.
It would be nice but I can not imagine how they could cram 3 large sensors with a decent optics in front of them into such a small form factor. We will see probably soon🙂

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure