DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Osmo Pocket Expansion Kit release

fozzzy

Reactions
Finally ordered the expansion kit and looking forward to the blutooth wifi adapter arriving. Anyone else grabbed one???

Reactions: mnis
I just have a stock notification at B&H...but I think I'll get it when they start to ship

Reactions: fozzzy
I just have a stock notification at B&H...but I think I'll get it when they start to ship
I went through dji for this one as everywhere seems to still be on preorder

mine arrived 1/11 from DJI/China after ordering on 12/25. connected to my ipad mini 4 via wifi, works perfect. no more hanging osmo on a phone and loosing connection every time I walk. My ipad stays connected to my router wifi, to use the Osmo I have to go into settings and choose the Osmo Network.

Last edited:
mine arrived 1/11 from DJI/China after ordering on 12/25. connected to my ipad mini 4 via bluetooth, works perfect. no more hanging osmo on a phone and loosing connection every time I walk.

Excellent, that’s exactly the news I was hoping for

Got mine 2 days ago. Everything works great as expected. The wheel thingy is actually pretty good, seems to be the only way to offset an activetrack subject from center which is obviously handy.

The mount is pretty meh though, there are way better 3d-printable designs out there.

Got mine 2 days ago. Everything works great as expected. The wheel thingy is actually pretty good, seems to be the only way to offset an activetrack subject from center which is obviously handy.

The mount is pretty meh though, there are way better 3d-printable designs out there.

Yeah I figured a few of the friction mounts maybe better with the grpro mount on the bottom rather than rear. Just looking around for tripod mounting options at the minute along with something to dual mount it with my rode mic or led light

Me too... been waiting since it first show up as a "Pre-Order" For some reason it now show BackOrdered... Maybe the first shipment to them was bleed dry :)

Mine arrived today, ended up canceling from DJI store as after 2days it still wasnt dispatched, hobbymounts in the uk had it purchased and delivered in under 24hrs, awesome company to deal with too. Had an hr to play earlier and initial thoughts are the wheel is great for extra control, but that wifi base is a gamechanger, so much easier than having to use the phone adapters.

Finally ordered the expansion kit and looking forward to the blutooth wifi adapter arriving. Anyone else grabbed one???
Cancelled B&H after waiting 4 weeks (not B&H fault). Then, FWIW, ordered from DJI when 'Ships in 1-3' was shown. Payment immediately processed. A day later shows 'ships in 5-10' on order page. Five days later not shipped and "Out of Stock' shown on order/store page. At day 6, now showing "Shipped" Must have a 'bulk' order coming to US. B&H and Adorama still show 'out of stock/expecting shipment. ( @ Jan 23, 2019 )

Cancelled B&H after waiting 4 weeks (not B&H fault). Then, FWIW, ordered from DJI when 'Ships in 1-3' was shown. Payment immediately processed. A day later shows 'ships in 5-10' on order page. Five days later not shipped and "Out of Stock' shown on order/store page. At day 6, now showing "Shipped" Must have a 'bulk' order coming to US. B&H and Adorama still show 'out of stock/expecting shipment. ( @ Jan 23, 2019 )

It’s worth the wait for the WiFi base alone to be honest, it makes the Pocket much more useable in a lot more situations. I’ve not had mine out of pro mode since it arrived

Finally got mine today. Very satisfied but still, the osmo is a great example of tradeoffs. I love all the accessories but the osmo cant go in the case with them attached. Being able to connect to the app easily now is a big plus though. I took it to San Francisco when family visited and we did the typical tourist things. It was in and out of my pocket (and the case) a hundred times that day, Kind of the way it was meant to be used, but the tradeoff was I didn't have the expanded settings available that you get when connected to the app. I really like this camera but its far from perfect.

D: Did you know that if you connect a phone and put the OP in Pro mode, you can remove the phone and it will stay in Pro mode?

Reactions: mnis
D: Did you know that if you connect a phone and put the OP in Pro mode, you can remove the phone and it will stay in Pro mode?

It does but the ability to remotely access it is awesome, i use it at work most days now and can leave it in the corner of a classroom and access from anywhere filming projects.

OK Fozzy, just wanted to make sure and I can EASILY see how the remote access would be awesome. I'll be getting one for sure.

Cancelled b&h cause backordered over a month and ordered using google check out 20$off from 6th Ave now waiting for deliver next week.

Google checkout has 20$ off for new customers

Yeah but change ANYTHING and it kicks out of it and you have to start over, pretty easy to do involuntarily too.

Got mine yesterday and have been diddling with it this morning. As has been said, the WiFi base is a no brainer as it makes the OP so much more flexible and, usable. I also like the Controller Wheel and it's easier to use smoothly than I thought it would be. I can see having this in use anytime the OP isn't stationary on a base or tripod. MOST excellent news too with the FW update and Pro mode all the time. I'm really having fun with this little widget but now I gots to record some stuff. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98