DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OTG cable of Not?

I'm asking is it better to use the Otg and wifi or no cable. All the videos I see, everyone has a cable from tablet or phone to Remote.

I'm asking is it better to use the Otg and wifi or no cable. All the videos I see, everyone has a cable from tablet or phone to Remote.
If you want to use a phone or tablet you need a cable to connect it.
It doesn't use wifi
But you don't need three forum posts to ask the same question.

Reactions: Gizmo6257 and RWD
I kept getting the wrong replys
If you want to use a phone or tablet you need a cable to connect it.
It doesn't use wifi
But you don't need three forum posts to ask the same question.

I meant if I use the Otg cable, do I need to shut off wifi and put it in airplane mode?
I'm not new here.
I still don't know what you might be asking about airplane mode for.
Excuse me for asking
Wow

So do I need airplane mode?
It is not "required", but it appears to be a good practise, if you don't want the regular phone activities to interrupt GO4. I use an iPad mini 4 and connect the controller to the iPad with a standard Lightning cable, I use the bottom USB port on the controller, (make sure that nothing is plugged into the side plug, that would disable the bottom USB port on the controller). I have never heard of a wireless connection for the tablet, just the Goggles. If you are having issues with a connection, it would help others help you, if you include details of the observed problem and what you tried. Some of this is in the Manual.

Thank you. Nice to get a answer from someone nice and straight up. Sounds like you know what you are doing. Thank you.
It is not "required", but it appears to be a good practise, if you don't want the regular phone activities to interrupt GO4. I use an iPad mini 4 and connect the controller to the iPad with a standard Lightning cable, I use the bottom USB port on the controller, (make sure that nothing is plugged into the side plug, that would disable the bottom USB port on the controller). I have never heard of a wireless connection for the tablet, just the Goggles. If you are having issues with a connection, it would help others help you, if you include details of the observed problem and what you tried. Some of this is in the Manual.

Reactions: awsan5
I actually use a very long cable from my iPad and Magic 2 Enterprise controller when I am flying my drone from my back patio. I live at a airport community, so I practice by visiting my neigjbors, whose hangars are open. I use the speaker and spotlight for practice, so I am a competent user when the drone is needed for SAR. As a military flight surgeon & pilot , I am fascinated that no one has done anything to create a more ergonomic flying position for piloting a drone. I assume that if you are trekking to a remote location it would be more problematic but the traditional stance holding the controller, pulling down on your neck with a lanyard is really not a great idea over a long period of time, so cables might not be such a bad thing. There is room for innovation based how drones are flown in the military.

I think that as a new member, you might want to be very specific about what you are asking, so it doesn't appear that you are trolling versus asking legitimate questions. There is No per word charge ! ???

QUOTE="Gizmo6257, post: 803637, member: 103340"]
ust got a Mavic 2 Pro, should I use cable or not?
[/QUOTE]

1. Use the cable to connect your phone/tablet to the controller
2. Enabling airplane mode is best because it stops incoming calls which may distract you, switching screen etc.

Reactions: Gizmo6257
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lschabert