DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Our Mavic 3 long GPS wait is over- well for me it is

So as we know and have read, Dji will be releasing a new firmware to fix the long dreaded GPS wait times and as most of you know i have been very vocal about this on the Dji Forum. I am glad to say that there is a fix and it truely does work, now dont ask me how or where i got this from but know that it works. I updated my firmware and in less than a minute i had 14 sats on the ground with home point locked. It works like it was supposed to now. I am very happy but unforuntaly i cannot share anything further than this but will post a screenshot of the new firmware build below so for those that dont believe me will believe.

View attachment 145201
Thanks for the update @Suren ! I'm glad to see that DJI is methodically rolling out this update because causing further problems while attempting to fix a very glaring issue like this one would be bad news.

Thanks for sharing. Suren! Great news!

Reactions: Suren
Yes now I have no complaints

If DJI could add RAW support for 7X telephoto lens, and time-lapse support for wide angle lens, then I have no more complaints as well.

So for those who wanted to know if Airsense is working, it does work 100% now- For me- I had a helicopter that was 5km away from me according to the distance in the map and as it got closer the "manned aircraft warning" came up. I could also see the plane at the local airport over 8km away but no warning for that. One thing I also noticed just now is that the landing is spot on from where it takes off. The drone when it comes back using RTH, it adjusts its position drastically until it is over the take off point.

Reactions: Bussty
I heard from a DJI source that it had something to do with “interference” that was introduced in the December 10 fw.
Really appreciate your trying to help Thumbswayup

Unfortunately, in engineering-land that's essentially babble in terms of what I'm looking for.

FYI, I don't expect DJI will share.

If DJI could add RAW support for 7X telephoto lens, and time-lapse support for wide angle lens, then I have no more complaints as well.
Heck, I would be happy with just the Wide Angle Hyperlapse. Not sure I would spend TOO much time trying to improve the 7x output, but I can see why photography folks would want to. For now, how about we get everything working "as designed" - meaning GPS that is ready to fly in a reasonable time and Airsense that, er... senses stuff! After that, adding some software other models don't have - looking at you, Air 2S...

As an aside, I flew Mastershots over the weekend with a different combination of size, I THINK it was Medium Length and Width, Small height - and the drone introduced an entirely new dance step:

"FLY FORWARD AND ROLL"

Look at the 15 second mark. What the hell... then at the end ot did a 180 half circle after the shot of the horizon.

Has anyone else seen these shots?

Reactions: Marcin16
@Suren I am glad is working fine !!! 🤣

Heck, I would be happy with just the Wide Angle Hyperlapse. Not sure I would spend TOO much time trying to improve the 7x output, but I can see why photography folks would want to. For now, how about we get everything working "as designed" - meaning GPS that is ready to fly in a reasonable time and Airsense that, er... senses stuff! After that, adding some software other models don't have - looking at you, Air 2S...

As an aside, I flew Mastershots over the weekend with a different combination of size, I THINK it was Medium Length and Width, Small height - and the drone introduced an entirely new dance step:

"FLY FORWARD AND ROLL"

Look at the 15 second mark. What the hell... then at the end ot did a 180 half circle after the shot of the horizon.

Has anyone else seen these shots?

Im sure mine does the same

After a cold boot test took 1 minute and 20 seconds for home point. After install the second battery only took 5 seconds. Locked 27 sat

After a cold boot test took 1 minute and 20 seconds for home point. After install the second battery only took 5 seconds. Locked 27 sat
zeusfl did you get this new (unreleased) beta firmware update?

zeusfl did you get this new (unreleased) beta firmware update?
I don't think so, this long gps wait times seems to have been a 50/50 split with some getting gps lock in 1/2 minutes and some like me who used to wait 8/11 minutes. Dji don't like us so they punished the naughty 50%

So as we know and have read, Dji will be releasing a new firmware to fix the long dreaded GPS wait times and as most of you know i have been very vocal about this on the Dji Forum. I am glad to say that there is a fix and it truely does work, now dont ask me how or where i got this from but know that it works. I updated my firmware and in less than a minute i had 14 sats on the ground with home point locked. It works like it was supposed to now. I am very happy but unforuntaly i cannot share anything further than this but will post a screenshot of the new firmware build below so for those that dont believe me will believe.

View attachment 145201
Someone offered up the software in a message on either this forum or the DJI recently.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J