DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Out of luck with a Moto G7?

Sorry Jim but "since a Moto worked with an older drone, it might work well with a newer model from the same company" isn't valid in this case. Older apps were for 32bit devices, the fly app needs 64bit and might need specific chips (Arm?).
This has caught many people out.

Reactions: StubbornSwiss
Hi I have huiwei 20 pro and Samsung a70 when you plug lead pull the top of screen down from top to notifications and at the bottom says usb connected for charging if top on it it comes up with menue asking how you want to connect the usb pics files or transfer files see if it works that what I had to do on both phone works fine

Hi I have huiwei 20 pro and Samsung a70 when you plug lead pull the top of screen down from top to notifications and at the bottom says usb connected for charging if top on it it comes up with menue asking how you want to connect the usb pics files or transfer files see if it works that what I had to do on both phone works fine

On the Moto G7 there is no notification when I plug in the remote. It does not give me options. It only buzzes and then charges off the remote.

Hi, when I first got my I DJI MAVIC MINI DRONE, I used my iPhone 6s Plus with it. I worked great however I had a IPad mini 2 so I ordered a longer cable so that I could use my iPad mini 2 with my DJI MAVIC MINI DRONE. The cable did not work and I had the same problem as you. I then removed my iPad mini 2 from my controller and just connect it with the short cable that comes with my DJI MAVIC MINI DRONE and everything worked. I then tried connecting my iPad Air both ways and the iPad Air also would work on the short cable but not the long one. I therefore am returning the longer cable for a refund and have ordered a new one from a different store. I am confident that the cable is defective however I should receive the new cable today and will try it and post the results. Hope this info helps you.
Where can I buy official DJI cords?

Do you know anyone with a declared compatible make of USB-c phone that would let you try their phone with your equipment?
Post #19 in How not to let phone draw power? presumably means a "G7 Power" works with the fly app but since you call yours a G7 I guess your's is a different model.
I think my Dad has a newer Samsung. When I see him next I will ask if he will let me try it.

I am hoping to get an old Iphone 6 plus tonight from a friend and give that a try.

I just received and tested the new cable and it works perfect.
My problem was therefore a brand new defective cable.
Hope this info helps someone.
Den

Reactions: EyesWideShut
Awesome! Thumbswayup It would have been a huge disappointment to not be able to fly your new drone.

I'm a bit in the same situation as my Moto G6 is not supported. But, I have an old Asus Zenpad Z8s from Verizon that works. A longer cable is on order!

Same Issue using LG v20. Sometimes it works fine, other times I have the same result as you. I've found restarting my phone will sometimes resolve the problem. I'm looking for a dedicated device just for flying.

Same Issue using LG v20. Sometimes it works fine, other times I have the same result as you. I've found restarting my phone will sometimes resolve the problem. I'm looking for a dedicated device just for flying.

I never did get my Moto G7 to work with the Mini. I did get an Iphone 6 plus and replaced the battery and use it as a dedicated phone for flying. Not sure if the problem was the android cord or the Moto G7. Will need to try the cord on a supported android phone in order to tell if the cord was defective. Happy flying the mini it's dedicated apple phone. Got it from a friend.

My Moto G7 Power works fine with the MM. It is a 64 bit phone and it barely fits in the remote holder..

It has a compass. Go to Google Maps and click on the pin where you are located and then click on calibrate compass.
Some models have it and some don't. Market Dependent..

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143