DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Overheating forcing me to land?!?

AtortPhotography

Reactions
So I had weird sounds from my fans with this replacement I posted about now I get this message when flying?! Never seen this ever out of any drone I owned. I am demanding DJI to take this one back...literally flew this 3x and no way dealing with more issues.

My M2P has run into the same problem because the cooling FAN was dead. It got overheated so quickly that it refused to take off.

Took the drone to DJI service center and they gave me a new one after an hour
Obviously you had to send in and wait for them to receive the defective drone no? I’m on the line with them now and they saying they have to see what they can do....how about this send me a replacement that works!!! ?
And the guy I’m talking to actually has the nerve to say they are going to repair not guarantee replacing even after I explained that day 1 I had issues with the fans not running properly and days later while on a job I get forced to land due to overheating. Their support sucks so bad it’s painful.

Last edited:
Obviously you had to send in and wait for them to receive the defective drone no? I’m on the line with them now and they saying they have to see what they can do....how about this send me a replacement that works!!! ?
And the guy I’m talking to actually has the nerve to say they are going to repair not guarantee replacing even after I explained that day 1 I had issues with the fans not running properly and days later while on a job I get forced to land due to overheating. Their support sucks so bad it’s painful.
How long have you had it? Can you exchange with whom you bought it with?

Reality is that they can’t just hand out brand new drones to everyone who has every single little issue.If they replace your broken fan with a new fan, then I don’t see what the issue is.

How long have you had it? Can you exchange with whom you bought it with?

Reality is that they can’t just hand out brand new drones to everyone who has every single little issue.If they replace your broken fan with a new fan, then I don’t see what the issue is.
I hear you, but you spend good money on a brand new drone and they swap out with another one due to multiple issues to only have another one have even more issues from day 1 is not really reassuring giving you peace of mind with your purchase/drone which to me is HUGE.

I hear you, but you spend good money on a brand new drone and they swap out with another one due to multiple issues to only have another one have even more issues from day 1 is not really reassuring giving you peace of mind with your purchase/drone which to me is HUGE.
How mechanically inclined are you? If it were me I’d just try taking it apart and checking the fan myself. It won’t void the warranty.

@boblui is from Hong Kong.

He probably has no problem finding a service center

So I had weird sounds from my fans with this replacement I posted about now I get this message when flying?! Never seen this ever out of any drone I owned. I am demanding DJI to take this one back...literally flew this 3x and no way dealing with more issues.

Wow, that was some flying, you managed to land on the kitchen counter.
This has to be a first :) :) :)

I’m glad this hasn’t happened to me. I was flying 3km out to sea yesterday. If my drone had overheated out there ...

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: itsneedtokno
How mechanically inclined are you? If it were me I’d just try taking it apart and checking the fan myself. It won’t void the warranty.
Not going to void warranty, etc. by attempting myself. I’m hoping DJI does right by me I know these fans are not working as they should from day 1. I really can’t stand their customer service it really is so horrible.

Not going to void warranty, etc. by attempting myself. I’m hoping DJI does right by me I know these fans are not working as they should from day 1. I really can’t stand their customer service it really is so horrible.
It took them 2 months to refund my Care Refresh... You gotta give them some time man.

Don't even pay attention to the 48 hours crap... That was before Covid, and that was still a maybe. If you just sit back (I know it's tough) and let them handle it, they usually do. This is why I purchase through BB or similar, because at this point I would just return it as defective to BB and get a new one.

Reactions: Paulf10
I haven't got an overheat warning forcing me to land my Mav A 2. However, I noticed when experimenting with the underside light the bird comes back with a warm underside. Is it normal when using the light for a few minutes and why does an LED light get hot anyway??

I haven't got an overheat warning forcing me to land my Mav A 2. However, I noticed when experimenting with the underside light the bird comes back with a warm underside. Is it normal when using the light for a few minutes and why does an LED light get hot anyway??
Pretty sure you are feeling the processor heat, not the LED heat.

• Love
Reactions: itsneedtokno
It won’t void the warranty.
I would not make that assumption. By dismantling the aircraft, there will be some form of evidence that that occurred. Once the DJI folks see that evidence, game over would be my guess.

I really can’t stand their customer service it really is so horrible.
It's going to take patience but get the mailing slip(they send that fast) and send it in. It will all work out but you will be checking their support page on a hourly basis to find when they will be sending it back, I can promise you that. They can be frustratingly slow..why do you think that I have two Sparks :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cryhav0c