DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Overspeed shutdown and the simulator

WiscoRider

Reactions
Greetings everyone!

I have a question or more that I am hoping someone could help with.

It is cold and windy in Wisconsin, so I am not able to fly my Mavic too often yet. I have been learning with the simulator as much as I can.

So far, I have experience 3 motor overspeed shutdowns in the simulator. The Mavic would just drop from the sky. I am not doing anything difficult.

One time, I flew out nearly 2 miles (again simulated) and let RTH kick in. Half way home, it overspeed and dropped. 6.5 Mph head wind according to the sim.

A second time, I was using the point of interest and rotating the aircraft while if flew in a circle around me. I tried to duplicate the experience, but I could not get it to fail again in that scenario.

I do know that overspeed will shutdown the Mavic motors for real as I tried this in my home with the props off. On take off, it promptly shut down.

I do wish the flight simulator was recored in the "Flight Record" area.
I am using DJI Go 4 app on IOS.

My questions are these:
Is this something I can expect with real flight (RTH with an overspeed), or do you think this is just a simulator bug of some kind?

Second, is there a way to "slow down" the RTH speed?

Third, has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!

Hello! Me too, I have had the same problem. Did you learn why this happens? Thank you!

Greetings everyone!

I have a question or more that I am hoping someone could help with.

It is cold and windy in Wisconsin, so I am not able to fly my Mavic too often yet. I have been learning with the simulator as much as I can.

So far, I have experience 3 motor overspeed shutdowns in the simulator. The Mavic would just drop from the sky. I am not doing anything difficult.

One time, I flew out nearly 2 miles (again simulated) and let RTH kick in. Half way home, it overspeed and dropped. 6.5 Mph head wind according to the sim.

A second time, I was using the point of interest and rotating the aircraft while if flew in a circle around me. I tried to duplicate the experience, but I could not get it to fail again in that scenario.

I do know that overspeed will shutdown the Mavic motors for real as I tried this in my home with the props off. On take off, it promptly shut down.

I do wish the flight simulator was recored in the "Flight Record" area.
I am using DJI Go 4 app on IOS.

My questions are these:
Is this something I can expect with real flight (RTH with an overspeed), or do you think this is just a simulator bug of some kind?

Second, is there a way to "slow down" the RTH speed?

Third, has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!

No, I have not. No responses so far. Although, this has not happened in a while now. Maybe it was fixed.

I've never had this problem, I fly in windy conditions all the time since I live in South Dakota, With tail wind my Mavic hauls balls and never had any issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji