DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic2 pro remote

petercl14

Reactions
Hi, I am new on this forum. I have seen a post that says the mavic2 pro remote works with the software in the simulation unlike other simulations. Therefore where do you get the remote controller? Never flown a drone. Want to practice with a simulation first so I don't lose a lot of money crashing drones. Anyone know? I have a windows 10 laptop for the simulation.

Hi there & welcome to the forum 👋 :D

Never flown a drone. Want to practice with a simulation first so I don't lose a lot of money crashing drones.
Most reasons for a crash aren't coming from the stick manoeuvring of the drone itself (the only thing a simulator can help you with)... instead it's a lack of general knowledge around how & why DJI drones fly, keep height, hold horizontal position, how all fancy functionality works, trusting DJI's marketing material, relying 100% on the obstacle detection sensors... and flying close to obstacles & beyond visual line of sight.

A simulator can't help you with anything of the above...

Instead you should focus on these thing's...

1. Read the downloadable user manual thoroughly (not only the quick guide in the box)... several times.

2. Then for the first flight test... seek up a large open space totally without any kind of obstacles (a soccer field perhaps).

3. Make sure that a home point have been recorded BEFORE you take off (then you can be sure that a good enough GPS quality have been obtained)

4. Get it up in the air (20-30m perhaps... on that height you are well away from the main obstacle, the solid ground)

5. KNOW... that when you release the sticks the drone just stops & hovers, waiting for you to tell it what to do. So if i doubt, release the sticks & think over what you should do.

6. Start out with only command one stick at a time... for instance, ascend & after that, move horizontally. Don't use both sticks at the same time before you've get used.

7. With the downloadable user manual beside you, test off every possible functionality until you know how they work.

AND AGAIN...

Keep well away from any kind of obstacles including the ground.

A "Photo drone" from DJI is very easy to fly... simulator training isn't really necessary to start out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13