DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Owners of DJI Air 3 - Please post48mp DNG files

Well I just bought one, turns up today, I will try and take some images over the weekend but weather tomorrow looks BAAADDDDD!

If you can, can you take shots of smaller detail in both 12 and 48mp mode. Interested to see how the camera handles these kind of details. Mini 3 Pro, atleast mine, does seems to create a lot of artifacts on these kinds of areas especially if the background is bright.

I have seen some shots from AIR3 and looks like 48mp photos do look a little better than from M3P. Though there seems to be a red-ish halo around some brighter areas on the AIR3

Thanks in advance for any sample / comparison shots Thumbswayup

Hopefully they are even 5% better. Its the artifacts and issues in very high contrast scenes that bothered me, nothing wrong in flatter or lower light like a sunset, as long as not shooting into the sun. But the pano / 70mm pano will be a step up. Also I really hope the 48mp images take less time to between shots.

Reactions: Grantc and Yazu
I have an Air 2S and noticed today that the .DNG file is way lower resolution than the .jpg file is this normal on the AIR 3 as well? So I realize that the .DNG file is a higher dynamic range but why is the resolution cut down to 960 X 640 pixels where as the .jpg is 5472 X 3648 pixels?

I have an Air 2S and noticed today that the .DNG file is way lower resolution than the .jpg file is this normal on the AIR 3 as well? So I realize that the .DNG file is a higher dynamic range but why is the resolution cut down to 960 X 640 pixels where as the .jpg is 5472 X 3648 pixels?
The explanation is in your other post about this,

Opps- Nevermind I see Windows Explorer is incorrectly reading the preview resolution not the correct full res. When opened in Photoshop its reading the correct resolution!

Opps- Nevermind I see Windows Explorer is incorrectly reading the preview resolution not the correct full res. When opened in Photoshop its reading the correct resolution!
Haha phew. Yeah its just the embedded JPG previous that'll be low res.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne