Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Painting

20190518_140030.jpg

Reactions: Chip
This guy will be next
20190518_140100.jpg

While im in my hanger taking pics, who can guess what this is20190518_140737.jpg

One engine removed for bench test20190518_140748.jpg20190518_141205.jpg

72b1972957797beed8a52357035d3641.jpg

Tobad that not everyone can see the top secret pictures

72b1972957797beed8a52357035d3641.jpg

? It seems weird to have a spark plug somewhere other than on top of a piston. Is it some kind of exhaust afterburner? ?

Actually looking at the gas tanks is it a flame thrower of some type? ?

Hey, I can't see the top secret pictures....;)

DIY pulse jet to assist in the drying process?

The muffler on the intake might provide enough resistance to keep the gas flow at the exhaust will creating enough scavenging to induce the fuel/air charge into the combustion chamber..

Reactions: Flycaster
It’s actually a pressure jet. The spark is just for initial starting, although doesn’t work well. I actually use a burning rag on a stick. Very high tech. :p

E9740740-0186-4F30-A6CF-5D28EB0B7AE5.png

Mine had only been run as a complete setup twice. The original owners ran it and melted the original legs. It was then given to an engineer to build sturdier, stainless steel frame and the owners never returned for it. 40 years later I acquired it. We ran it as part of demo at Avalon air show a few years back. “Pilot” in fireman’s space suit. It melted the steel plate it was sitting on and only ran for a less than a minute before heat was to much and had to shut it down

Last edited:
Reactions: Gizmo and Chip
I have run one of the engines, horizontally, on a bench. Super impressive. I’ve also seen a YouTube video a while back with some dudes in the U.S. that had strapped one to a go cart and ran it down an air strip.
The gas bottles have a special tap, as it draws liquid fuel from the bottom of the tank to feed directly into the jet

It’s actually a pressure jet. The spark is just for initial starting, although doesn’t work well. I actually use a burning rag on a stick. Very high tech. :p

View attachment 72727
I was close.... joking about the paint drying...

I remember a mate repurposing a truck turbo to make a gas turbine. Thing was scary.. I was convinced it was going to over rev and explode.

ill get some vision next time i crank this baby up. (just one engine)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zohpar