DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pairing goggles

Hayabusa

Reactions
Hi guys.
I am getting my RE goggles tomorrow and looking to sell my original whites. I have a friend who has a spark.
How hard would it be to bind them to his spark so he can see what it’s like. I can always let him see through my Mavic but would rather him see exactly what his camera sees.
Since it’s already bound to mine, would it be hard to switch to another type of DJI product?
Mike

I used to have mine paired to the Spark. I don't think it was that had to re-pair them.
Here is an old post from 2018?
davawt Posted at 2018-1-4 05:34
Hi MidWest Mike,
The following is the only way I can find to connect the Goggles and The Spark. This way you will have HDMI on the Goggles and still have your view on the iPhone \ iPad as Usual.
I think the last updated FirmWare has altered or Stopped OTG connection. So Now you will need a Apple ( Lightening to HDMI cable ) a bit costly I think but all works and Tested Today Friday ( 04/01/18 )
View full quote
Hi MidWest Mike,
The following is the only way I can find to connect the Goggles and The Spark. This way you will have HDMI on the Goggles and still have your view on the iPhone \ iPad as Usual.
I think the last updated FirmWare has altered or Stopped OTG connection. So Now you will need a Apple ( Lightening to HDMI cable ) a bit costly I think but all works and Tested Today Friday ( 04/01/18 )

( All Photos now uploaded (see below )
(1) iPad uses Wifi to connect, Goggles use HDMI Cable from the Goggles box.

(2) Connect the NEW Apple HDMI to Lightening Adapter Cable to iPad and Fit iPad to the Controller.
(3) Turn on Spark Remote Control and iPad.
(4) Turn on Spark Aircraft
(5) Goto WiFi on ipad in (Settings) and select your Spark from the list, this may ask for a password, which is on the bottom of the controller.
(5A) Start DJI GO 4 app
(6) Connect the Goggles to the HDMI cable adapter, you should now have a Display in the Goggles and on the iPad.

All Working ? it should be, I have had it all working several times, Good Luck Mike and all the Best for the New Year.....
bye
davawt

Firmware list.jpg (0 Bytes, Down times: 11)

Firmware List
Firmware List

Lightening on HDMI Adapter.jpg (0 Bytes, Down times: 6)

Lightening Connector
Lightening Connector

Apple HDMI Cable.jpg (0 Bytes, Down times: 9)

Lightening to HDMI Cable
Lightening to HDMI Cable

Apple HDMI Cable Ouputs.jpg (221.63 KB, Down times: 8)

Apple Cable Outputs
Apple Cable Outputs

WiFi on iPad.jpg (167.55 KB, Down times: 8)

WiFi on iPad
WiFi on iPad

iPad Display.jpg (153.79 KB, Down times: 11)

iPad Display
iPad Display

Goggles View.jpg (0 Bytes, Down times: 6)

Goggles Display
Goggles Display

Thanks
Good to know so I can go prepared with cables etc...
?
Mike

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78