DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Palm landing/ take off?

Also do this all the time, often take off in fields with long grass, or the beach or somewhere dusty. works just great to and from my hand.

did also misjudge it the other day and stick my finger in the blades which was reassuringly not that painful or bad. both fingers and blades were fine.
Yes, one of the greatest advantages of take off and land from your hand is to protect the Aircraft from dust, sand, grass, etc..

You don't need any landing pad or be afraid to do any maneuver to land on a specific place, just go near the drone, hold stick down and catch it.

I was always doing similar with my P2Vision and P4 - catch it by landing gear and throttle down. Not yet sure how easy to catch MA.

I was always doing similar with my P2Vision and P4 - catch it by landing gear and throttle down. Not yet sure how easy to catch MA.
Don't grab it it will fight you, just let her down. Once you're within a few feet of ground /hand it will turn off the down sensor if you hold left stick down and just land.. Super easy.

Reactions: eyesofcanadagoose
did also misjudge it the other day and stick my finger in the blades which was reassuringly not that painful or bad. both fingers and blades were fine.

I got my finger hit by the MA at takeoff power...I felt pain...and a few seconds later, saw a drop of blood hit my iPhone screen, and then another, which made it difficult to use the touchscreen controls. I couldn't use my other hand, because it was holding the drone by the sides of the body...that little sucker has a LOT of power!! BTW, the blade took out a little chunk out of my finger, which is closing up well, after about 2 weeks...could have been worse.

I have landed and take off with my Mavic Air using my palm with no problems. While holding the throttle down I simply wait for it to descend onto my palm. Then the motors shut off.

Last edited:
Reactions: mad monkey
I just tried and it doesn't work.
If you put your hand under the Air, the Air will rise up because it's sensors think there is an object beneath it.
Grasp it forward of the downward sensors and it won't know you are there. Then down stick will turn off motors. I do it all the time with my Pro.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242