DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Palouse falls

I know this is a drone forum but every time I see a falls I try to shoot it with a 10 stop ND filter. I use the Big Stopper Lee Filter from England on a Nikon D750. I would also add, try to wait until there are no people around. If you see a ranger anyplace desist immediately. Your flight should not take more than 10 minutes or so. Get in out.
That is when you rapidly RTH in sports mode... LOL

I know this is a drone forum but every time I see a falls I try to shoot it with a 10 stop ND filter. I use the Big Stopper Lee Filter from England on a Nikon D750. I would also add, try to wait until there are no people around. If you see a ranger anyplace desist immediately. Your flight should not take more than 10 minutes or so. Get in out.
Great idea... just loiter around the park until there are very few, if any people around, nor park personnel, then head out for a quick flight. Or plan B, take off outside of the park, and quickly get your shots then RTH in sports mode. Being I am also a railfan, I would park near the tracks, hit it, and the falls in the same flight.

I assume you could fly in from a short ways away, as they don't control the airspace. Or making sure there are no official vehicles before launching it from the parking area. Any creative suggestions?
The park is tiny, less than half a mile across. Very easy to launch outside the park and fly in to film.

Reactions: Tom25
Lol...it’s the music that YouTube offers when you upload them. I do not have editing software. I’m not a photographer, I just fly for fun and myself. What you see is what my eyes saw and what it really looks like and I’m good with that..
Hi Eyeonyou,
I hope you don´t mind that I dared to play around a little bit with your video. I pushed up the saturation I corrected the white/black signal and I chose a better fitting music. Moreover at the end of the clip you can hear the waterfall ;) BTW, I like very much the canyon and the waterfall, fantastic place! Thumbswayup
Question: Why you didn´t shoot in 4k? In 1080p the image quality is unfortunately nor really sharp! :rolleyes:
cheers Paul

No the video is in my Youtube channel...If you wand, I can delete it!

Reactions: Tom25
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_