DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Palouse falls

Nice

Reactions: mrjohnc1
Sweet location. Excellent smooth flying. Enjoyed it.
Wish you could have captured it directly also, but understand the mist concerns. How was the wind?

Mint!

Sweet location. Excellent smooth flying. Enjoyed it.
Wish you could have captured it directly also, but understand the mist concerns. How was the wind?

Here’s a shot right above the falls I took as well. I didn’t want to get to close or low cause I had a buddy that got his drone sucked down by the force of the falls into the water.

The video and the scene was beautiful only to be made unwatchable by the horrendous music track. I had to turn it off.

Also, It needs some color correction. The scene was about 1 stop or so over-exposed. Take it into color correction mode and slide the exposure down, and increase the contrast a bit if you can.

The video and the scene was beautiful only to be made unwatchable by the horrendous music track. I had to turn it off.

Also, It needs some color correction. The scene was about 1 stop or so over-exposed. Take it into color correction mode and slide the exposure down, and increase the contrast a bit if you can.

Lol...it’s the music that YouTube offers when you upload them. I do not have editing software. I’m not a photographer, I just fly for fun and myself. What you see is what my eyes saw and what it really looks like and I’m good with that..

It was the last part of June. Huge in person. The falls is like 200’ and it doesn’t start till about 100’ down.
Can you imagine the water flow in that thing when it was carved around 12,000 years ago by the catastrophic draining of Glacial Lake Missoula?

Hello, I never tire of drone shots of the falls. Yet, I remember seeing NO DRONE signs the past three trips to the falls. Yet, as a somewhat new drone pilot I want to shoot it next time I am in that area. I assume you could fly in from a short ways away, as they don't control the airspace. Or making sure there are no official vehicles before launching it from the parking area. Any creative suggestions?

Hello, I never tire of drone shots of the falls. Yet, I remember seeing NO DRONE signs the past three trips to the falls. Yet, as a somewhat new drone pilot I want to shoot it next time I am in that area. I assume you could fly in from a short ways away, as they don't control the airspace. Or making sure there are no official vehicles before launching it from the parking area. Any creative suggestions?
I would try the stealth approach...e.g.: get there at sunrise when the parking lot is empty, get in and out as fast as possible.

I Googled this and found this- you need a permit!Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 6.14.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-09 at 6.14.27 PM.png

Last edited:
I would try the stealth approach...e.g.: get there at sunrise when the parking lot is empty, get in and out as fast as possible.

I Googled this and found this- you need a permit!View attachment 116892View attachment 116892
That is what I thought. On the other hand, being a small park, you could easily fly in and out fairly easily, one would think. Or as others mentioned, keep you distance from the falls themselves, as the MA2 is whisper quite from a couple hundred feet or more away. Or just shoot it using a conventional camera, like I have on plenty of occasions. What I don't see myself doing to applying for a permit, as I have heard they need a detailed plan and will have someone with you. No thanks.

That is what I thought. On the other hand, being a small park, you could easily fly in and out fairly easily, one would think. Or as others mentioned, keep you distance from the falls themselves, as the MA2 is whisper quite from a couple hundred feet or more away. Or just shoot it using a conventional camera, like I have on plenty of occasions. What I don't see myself doing to applying for a permit, as I have heard they need a detailed plan and will have someone with you. No thanks.
I know this is a drone forum but every time I see a falls I try to shoot it with a 10 stop ND filter. I use the Big Stopper Lee Filter from England on a Nikon D750. I would also add, try to wait until there are no people around. If you see a ranger anyplace desist immediately. Your flight should not take more than 10 minutes or so. Get in out.

Attachments

• Skogafoss-man-yellow-hat-red-shirt-lorez_6480.jpg
    1,016 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: mrjohnc1 and Tom25
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1