DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Panning

Mantra

Reactions
Iv'e seen a few video's of the Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom able to Pan left and right by using your finger on the screen.

I was wondering if this is would be possible with a firmware update for our Mavic 1.
During a gimbal calibration the gimbal moves left and right just like the Mavic 2.

Do you guys think It's possible?

Iv'e seen a few video's of the Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom able to Pan left and right by using your finger on the screen.

I was wondering if this is would be possible with a firmware update for our Mavic 1.
During a gimbal calibration the gimbal moves left and right just like the Mavic 2.

Do you guys think It's possible?
The original mavic pro's gimbal is not a true three axis, it can not pan like the Mavic 2

Reactions: Mantra
Yes the original mavic pro does pan left and right with the goggles so I think this could be done in a firmware update for us .

It is capable of panning, you can do that with Goggles. Not a large range, but it does pan to some degree.
I apologize, I must be mistaken, mine only moves perhaps ten degrees or so, left and right.

Yes, in my experience with (daydream) goggles it yaws the craft, although it must use a bit of gimbal buffering as usual.

The Mavic Pro camera can't really pan horizontally, because when panning right it would see the pitch motor of the gimbal almost immediately.

If you yaw while the ac is sitting on the ground, you will see how much the gimbal is able to pan. Not much.

I just noticed this - it seems to be a key difference between MP and MP2. The later models have 75 degrees left and right of controllable panning. That is huge for FPV with head tracking. That extra field of view is arguably getting close to 'see and avoid' territory.

I'm disappointed my MP uses one 'axis' for landscape/portrait - what were they thinking?

Lack of manual gimbal panning is "acceptable", a temporarily tilted horizon on yaw/turning a lot less !

Yes, in my experience with (daydream) goggles it yaws the craft, although it must use a bit of gimbal buffering as usual.

The Mavic Pro camera can't really pan horizontally, because when panning right it would see the pitch motor of the gimbal almost immediately.

With the googles on the MP do you get the sense that the view is tracking your head well enough to be able to look around a little as you are flying to judge relative position to obstructions, etc? I'm a retired military heli pilot and would love to do FPV if the head tracking was good enough to position the aircraft safely in obstructed areas.

With the googles on the MP do you get the sense that the view is tracking your head well enough to be able to look around a little as you are flying to judge relative position to obstructions, etc? I'm a retired military heli pilot and would love to do FPV if the head tracking was good enough to position the aircraft safely in obstructed areas.
I haven't done that in a while, but the response time was pretty slow. Maybe that can be adjusted. Not sure.

It's slow and more importantly you don't have a good reference of where you're looking with regard to the aircraft so it's pretty badly suited for navigation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569