DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Panorama in Lightroom automatically being stitched - Help!

I am a professional photographer and I have used Lightroom since its inception. It does NOT automatically stitch photos. Don't blame your lack of understanding upon a proven program.
Again ... why do you end your post with a snark? Why not be constructive? It's clear you still haven't read the thread.

The question isn't even about Lightroom, but the process itself. The reason for asking is because I know that Lightroom doesn't automatically stitch.

You are literally posting a point and creating anxiety about a topic that is agreed upon.

It's a terrific demo. I think part of my issue is that I did not take the shots manually, I set my Mini 3 Pro to pano mode and let it go to work.

As mentioned previously I thought I could change the number of shots it will take, but it doesn't appear to be the case. I have since charged up my old Pro Platinum (i'm hoping to sell it to my sister in law) and will inspect the menus.

Irrespective, I'm going to try working with the files I've pulled out of the panorama folder and see what I come up with.

if we are talking about LR imports, they often mess up the order of images when you import multiple panoramas into LR catalog. And then it's very difficult to tell which image belongs to which panorama. It was one of the biggest motivators for me to start the PanoVolo project - I tried LR and just decided that there should be a better way than manually counting the images in the LR image strip.
I take ALOT of panos with my DJI drones. I agree it's sometimes hard to tell/remember where one stops and another begins. To help with this when I finish taking a pano shot (multiple images), I take one shot straight down using the programmed C1 button so when I'm editing I can see where it ends.

I take ALOT of panos with my DJI drones. I agree it's sometimes hard to tell/remember where one stops and another begins. To help with this when I finish taking a pano shot (multiple images), I take one shot straight down using the programmed C1 button so when I'm editing I can see where it ends.
Thanks for the advice. The pano was among a number of single shots, so delving into the 'Panorama' folder at least helps in this instance.

I've had one thought, and that's maybe the type of panorama that was selected was a sphere, not a standard? Something isn't stacking up, and the photos I've pulled out and tried to feed into Lightroom myself haven't really worked out.

FWIW, this is a panorama I put together a couple of months ago with the same method using photos from the 'panorama' folder on the sd card.

Byron-from-Belongil by Daniel Cohen, on Flickr

I'm not a big fan of DJI drones panorama's - my Mini 3 Pro takes a clutch of photos (and I can't change settings), but more importantly is that when I import my photos into Adobe Lightroom, the software is automagically stitching the images together. The result is an awful, warped scene that looks nothing like it should.

Does anyone know how I can find the original images, or do I need to re-import them?

Previously I've taken control and selected just the images I want to stitch and it comes out really well, but I'm having difficulties locating the original images.

Edit: It's worse than previously explained ... I'm looking to import the original images in Lightroom from the card and it appears that the drone has already stitched the image together.

As a technical person, I'm actually dumbfounded about how stupid technology can be sometimes.

Does anyone know any workarounds?
Did you select shooting Raw+ Jpg or just JPGs?
By shooting RAW- you def get an unstitched set of Raw DNGs to work with in a folder on the disk named “Panorama 1”, Panorama-2, etc.

Did you select shooting Raw+ Jpg or just JPGs?
By shooting RAW- you def get an unstitched set of Raw DNGs to work with in a folder on the disk named “Panorama 1”, Panorama-2, etc.
I'm quite sure it's set to RAW ... another thing to check though.

I find it annoying when you switch modes and the camera settings are all as they were when you last used that mode, rather than carrying over from the mode I used seconds earlier.

On the panorama settings on the Fly app set it to shoot in RAW + JPG. Panorama settings are different from standard photo settings, so you probably only have it set to JPG.

The drone will stitch a low resolution JPG panorama and also save the separate DNGs, that way you'll be able to edit the separate DNGs in Lightroom, export them into TIFF and load them into PTGui for optimal results.

Lightroom usually doesn't work well for stitching 360 drone panoramas as there's a hole in them (drones don't shoot the upwards photos). PTGui pro can automatically fill up the hole for better results. You can also use Hugin, which is free and fill the hole manually in Photoshop, for example.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fishman Dan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078