DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Panorama Sticher

for me the best 360 ° panorama merging programs are: ICE (Image Composite Editor)
free here:

otherwise PanoramaStudio 3 Pro (but it costs 80 dollars)
the best ever is ptgui pro (Photo stitching software 360 degree Panorama image software - PTGui Stitching Software) but argh costs $ 300

----------------------------------------------------------------
per me i migliori programmi di unione panorami a 360° sono ICE: (Image Composite Editor)
free qui:

altrimenti PanoramaStudio 3 Pro (ma costa 80 dollari)
il migliore in assoluto è ptgui pro (Photo stitching software 360 degree Panorama image software - PTGui Stitching Software) ma argh costa 300 dollari

I recommend good photo-editors with raw panorama-stitching function -> much easier workflow and the advantage of working with raw format still remains (recover picture information in the highlights)

Here are some editors with raw panorama-stitching function:

Adobe Lightroom
Capture One
Affinity Photo

for me the best 360 ° panorama merging programs are: ICE (Image Composite Editor)
free here:

otherwise PanoramaStudio 3 Pro (but it costs 80 dollars)
the best ever is ptgui pro (Photo stitching software 360 degree Panorama image software - PTGui Stitching Software) but argh costs $ 300

----------------------------------------------------------------
per me i migliori programmi di unione panorami a 360° sono ICE: (Image Composite Editor)
free qui:

altrimenti PanoramaStudio 3 Pro (ma costa 80 dollari)
il migliore in assoluto è ptgui pro (Photo stitching software 360 degree Panorama image software - PTGui Stitching Software) ma argh costa 300 dollari
Thank you ICE works perfect :)

For some not too wide views, if you already have Adobe PS or LR, there panorama stitching is ok and comfortable. If you get closer to 180 ° or even full 360° and other further projections I used ICE quite a long time but there have been some stitching errors and random failures as the software is already quite old. None of the Adobe tools give you control on how they put out the assembled picture beforehand.

With the Mini 3 Pro I fully switched to PT GUI Pro and what a bless (despite it is quite costly) ...
You have control nearly about everything (if you like). I especially love the function to mask out parts (for instance per simple brush stroke) of pictures so that they are not used. No other program has this useful tool.

Ok, the GUI is a bit wonky and dated but don't let this fool you. It's by way the best software I know by now.
If you fancy you can have a look at the free Hugin too but I never really achieved the same results like with PT GUI Pro.

Only disadvantage is, as @ObsidianVX wrote, you have to convert it to TIFF before stitching. PT GUI can read the RAW but cannot apply the corrections so the panorama might feature heavy vignetting etc.

A shame, that DJI still not support vertical mode or higher upward tilt of the gimbal with the automatic panoramas yet.

Here are some recent examples:

deptford_tracks.jpg

brighton_marina_village.jpg

east_greenwich.jpg

tibbets_corner.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks.
These have been done in automatic panorama mode where the gimbal just goes up to 20 ° I think.
So for now or unless DJI hopefully make more use of the unique Mini 3 Pro gimbal, for more sky coverage you need to shoot more rows manually.

I recommend good photo-editors with raw panorama-stitching function -> much easier workflow and the advantage of working with raw format still remains (recover picture information in the highlights)

Here are some editors with raw panorama-stitching function:

Adobe Lightroom
Capture One
Affinity Photo
I am a fond user of Adobe Photoshop. It is able to stitch with minimal expertise.

+1 for PTGUI Pro. I broke down and bought it after getting tired of manually correcting stitching errors in Hugin. I still recommend looking at Hugin, as (a) it has improved, and (b) it's free which is one of your criteria.

For editing spherical panoramas, I've found nothing beats Affinity Photo. I've stopped using Photoshop entirely now — Affinity Photo is faster, does the same things (at least for what I want to do), and only costs $35 (at one of their periodic sales).

I admit to a fondness for spherical panoramas:

We are about to launch a new panorama stitching tool specifically designed for drone panoramas - www.panovolo.com.
It works with both DNGs and JPEGs and is optimized for drone photography. We are starting a limited beta testing program now, pls email if you are interested

We are about to launch a new panorama stitching tool specifically designed for drone panoramas - www.panovolo.com.
It works with both DNGs and JPEGs and is optimized for drone photography. We are starting a limited beta testing program now, pls email if you are interested
What OS is required? Can't locate that information on your website.

Anyone have tips on a good panorama stitch program that can handle RAW files, preferably free?
I am in great need for an easy to use panorama stictcher but was so disappointed that this only supports Windows- Yuk, Ugh! I have only MAC OS.

sorry, Mac version will come a bit later, after the initial launch. The only suggestion I have is to try to run it in VM for now.
Keep me on the list for the beta testing. I look forward to the release.

Keep me on the list for the beta testing. I look forward to the release.
sounds good, Dale, send an email pls to [email protected] and I will send an installer link and generate the trial license key for you. Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_