DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Panoramic Settings Question

LeadInjector

Reactions
Is there a setting that can be changed to make the mid line of a panoramic be where I start the camera and not the horizon? I'm wanting more ground and less sky in the shots. Thanks!

No, not on the M2 Pro, at least. It will always center, then shoot. On the 9 shot Horizontal, 3 vertical, and Sphere. Those are the only ones I tend to use. By centering, the app can figure out the where to position the gimbal for all the rest of the images.

If you look down, even more off of center, at least with the M2 Pro, the amount of distortion IMO is so much worse that it doesn't lend itself to a workable shot, i.e edges are elongated, and soft. Even with a good aperture.

You can of course do a manual pano starting from anywhere with the gimbal.

Paul C

No, not on the M2 Pro, at least. It will always center, then shoot. On the 9 shot Horizontal, 3 vertical, and Sphere. Those are the only ones I tend to use. By centering, the app can figure out the where to position the gimbal for all the rest of the images.

If you look down, even more off of center, at least with the M2 Pro, the amount of distortion IMO is so much worse that it doesn't lend itself to a workable shot, i.e edges are elongated, and soft. Even with a good aperture.

You can of course do a manual pano starting from anywhere with the gimbal.

Paul C
Thanks for the reply Paul. I figured that was the case, but thought I would throw it out and see if I was just missing something. I've done a few manual panos already, but was just hoping DJI would help me be lazy!!

Reactions: BigAl07
As above, you'll need to do it manually (and quite possibly apply distortion correction in post).

Reactions: Paul2660
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argentry