DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

parabolic signal booster

grignard

Reactions
Do these signal boosters actually work? If they do, what sort of range extension are we talking about?
Thanks, Grignard

Yes, they really work.

There is no guaranteed range increase. See the reviews for the booster of your choice to find specific examples of gains people are seeing.

i believe you mean the type that slide over the existing antennas on the controller whether it be a single or double
they dont really boost the signal they just concentrate it in a particular direction the idea being that all the signal is projected forwards by the parabolic mirror
i tried one of them on my PH3 that i used to own and found that it didnt really make much difference to the range also you have to make sure that you always keep the antennas pointed towards the drone because of the narrowed path of the signal

Reactions: Thomas B
Do these signal boosters actually work? If they do, what sort of range extension are we talking about?
Thanks, Grignard
yes they do work,i have one for each of my drones and was impressed BUT you have to keep the ranch booster pointing at the drone at all times move it a few inches to the left or right and you will see the signal plummet

Reactions: dawgpilot
I just got a set for my M2P and haven't tried it yet, but I had a great experience with a previous set on my Phantom 3 Pro.

I used a hilltop I fly from often and flew the P3 out until it lost signal, which occurred at 2800 meters. After she returned home, I immediately flew the same route and went 3600 meters before losing signal.

I tried it a few more times with and without the reflectors. The numbers were consistent.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique