DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107—How intense is the test?

The test is not overly difficult, but you do have to study. Remember: You weren't born with this knowledge. You have to learn it.

Here is a short article that will help you prepare for the FAA exam:

And here is a free sample quiz you can use to see what the questions will be like:

WTF 130 question? to fly a drone , im done i do not have the patience to take a test like this.. so i guess ill be putting my drone up for sale MPP, never even flew it.... brand new.
This particular practice test has 130 questions, the actual certification test has 60 questions. ?

I can tell you this from my experience: About 1/2 of the questions on the exam I had are very close or exactly the same as the ones you are seeing in your sample test. The others are not difficult if you have studied. I also studied at the Drone Launch Academy and I found that many of their questions were beyond what I needed to know. (I had a similar reaction to your opening line!)

Anyway if you relax and get well acquainted with the information, you will do fine. I can tell you that as I recall the weather was heavily represented and the rules, only a couple of questions were on the sectional charts. None of the questions were on flying or landing an airplane.

I studied for 5 days, it took me 30 minutes to complete the exam and I received a 95%.

Last edited:
The written part is no big deal. I did find the flutter kicks and crab walk unnecessary. The worst part was the slap contest. That made no sense whatsoever. But I suppose I'm a better pilot for it.

Reactions: pelagic_one
I did an online course over about a week. I am retired and had the time to spend 1-2 hours a day. I am a private pilot but have not been active for many years, but it did give me the advantage of already knowing how to read sectional charts etc. I took the exam last week and scored a 95. It took me about 30 minutes to take it.
I think the course made it pretty easy. The course I took had 5 practice exams and I scored over 90% on all of them.

Last edited:
so if we just want to fly, we do not have to take the test?
You better start flying now cause in 3 years you won't be able to if you are not licensed to fly. But you won't have to worry about getting a license to fly if you still own the drone you have now. In 3 years you will have to have a new drone that will contact with the nearest airport before you can takeoff. Unless the drone you have now will accept retrofitting of the transmitter. Otherwise you will only be able to fly it in special areas (which will be few and far between and along distance drive to get to).

You better start flying now cause in 3 years you won't be able to if you are not licensed to fly. But you won't have to worry about getting a license to fly if you still own the drone you have now. In 3 years you will have to have a new drone that will contact with the nearest airport before you can takeoff. Unless the drone you have now will accept retrofitting of the transmitter. Otherwise you will only be able to fly it in special areas (which will be few and far between and along distance drive to get to).
i have MPP, but i am no drone pilot, and i am not down with reading a big book..
will this DDS banner on here be able to help ppl like me? if i wanted to take a class? so i am not on total lock down?

i have MPP, but i am no drone pilot, and i am not down with reading a big book..
will this DDS banner on here be able to help ppl like me? if i wanted to take a class? so i am not on total lock down?
Sure someday that will be the only way you can fly for even recreational flying is to have a part 107 cert.

I passed my part 107 exam about 1 1/2 years ago and now face the 2 year Part 107 renewal test. Is it the same test or abbreviated? Same type of prep recommended??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones