DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107 exam

Carb63

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hello Pilots,

Can I get some help in any recommendations of pilots course /school online for pilot exam 107? I want to take the exam in the next 2 months. Please advise. Thx.

You can find a list of commonly used paid and free FAA Part 107 study materials here.

Reactions: GregD
I studied the ASA original Remote Pilot Test Prep booklet to take my original test, and recently used their 2019 Remote Pilot Test Prep to study for the Recurrent (FAA-speak for renewal) test. The 2019 book covers both original and Recurrent tests and you get 5 free practice exams. ASA will sell it direct, but you can buy it cheaper from 3rd party vendors. I bought mine from Amazon.

You can spend a lot more on various schools if you had rather not self-study. If I can do it, though, anyone can.
Good luck and be sure to study the National Airspace System part.

Reactions: Carb63 and GregD
I was going to pay for an online class until I found Tony Northrup’s video. Check it out and then decide if you need to spend the money. Between this and studying the FAA free study guide the test was easy. Save your $250 and put it towards your drone. Link to video here

Much thanks sesmavic88. I have watched him. I planned to watch over again. Like his in depth explanation to the exam questions. Yes rather put $ toward the drone. Thx again.

I studied the ASA original Remote Pilot Test Prep booklet to take my original test, and recently used their 2019 Remote Pilot Test Prep to study for the Recurrent (FAA-speak for renewal) test. The 2019 book covers both original and Recurrent tests and you get 5 free practice exams. ASA will sell it direct, but you can buy it cheaper from 3rd party vendors. I bought mine from Amazon.

You can spend a lot more on various schools if you had rather not self-study. If I can do it, though, anyone can.
Good luck and be sure to study the National Airspace System part.
Awesome Thanks so much for the advise. Will do !

Hello Pilots,

Can I get some help in any recommendations of pilots course /school online for pilot exam 107? I want to take the exam in the next 2 months. Please advise. Thx.

Awesome Thanks so much for the advise. Will do !

I took the Gold Seal course at Ground School . Thought it was excellent, and you have access to it for life so you can use it for recurring tests as well.

Reactions: Rich55 and Carb63
I did remotepilot101.com and it was definitely a nicely laid out course and flowed well offered nice practice exams ( although I did find some free ones online that were a little better), but the material and information was pretty spot on and concentrated to what you need to know and focus on. A lot of the information can be found online readily and easily and you don't need to pay for a course, unless that structure is suited to your learning style than by all means what for a discount code and sign up.

With the videos and material I knocked it out in a weekend and took my exam the next available slot at the nearest testing center and passed with ease, I knew some of the material as just being interested in aviation

I got a discount for my course, and what is nice is its for life, so you can always go back and review the material and study for the re-current test as well, which they stay on top of updating

Reactions: Carb63
I did remotepilot101.com and it was definitely a nicely laid out course and flowed well offered nice practice exams ( although I did find some free ones online that were a little better), but the material and information was pretty spot on and concentrated to what you need to know and focus on. A lot of the information can be found online readily and easily and you don't need to pay for a course, unless that structure is suited to your learning style than by all means what for a discount code and sign up.

With the videos and material I knocked it out in a weekend and took my exam the next available slot at the nearest testing center and passed with ease, I knew some of the material as just being interested in aviation

I got a discount for my course, and what is nice is its for life, so you can always go back and review the material and study for the re-current test as well, which they stay on top of updating
Thx. All the responses and inputs have been great. I'll take all of them and make a final decision. Thx to all. You pilots are the best. And I'm glad to be a member of this elite Mavic pilot community. ??

I did Remotepilot101.com and I googled Part 107 test questions....any place I. Old find questions/Practice tests, I looked. (There are plenty). I got through the 101 course in about a week, practiced the test a couple times and took the test. Got a 95. I guess that pretty much sums up how that course preps you! Good luck!

Reactions: svickstc
Hello Pilots,

I used the Gold Seal course too. I went to the website and signed up for the free sample lessons. A couple weeks later I received an email with an offer for 100 dollars off so I bought it. The course worked for me (I scored 100 on my recurrent). Im pretty sure nothing was on the test that the course didn't cover.

Reactions: Bobby for a Day!
I am taking the exam tomorrow, I enrolled at RemotePilot101for $150 and got a lot our of their course, well worth the money for me.

I just spent last few hours taking a 130 question practice test at a free site put up by 3DR, a drone software products company similar to DroneDeploy - but MORE expensive. There question bank seemed very similar to RemotePilot101 Final Test.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR